wanted to share this awesome prayer!

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
DEEP THINKER

Post by DEEP THINKER » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:37 am

I got this prayer from a website that "jenmelberg" mentioned on one of her posts, www.2jesus.org.
"Disturb us, Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves, when our dreams have come true because we have dreamed too little, when we arrive safely because we have sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, Lord, when with the abundance of things we possess, we have lost our thirst for the waters of life; having fallen in love with life, we have ceased to dream of eternity; and in our efforts to build a new earth, we have allowed our vision of the new heaven to dim. Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly, to venture on wider seas where storms will show your mastery; where losing sight of land, we shall find the stars. We ask you to push back the horizons of our hopes; and to push us into the future in strength, courage, hope and love."

This is such a good inspiration, and every verse is a perfect reminder of what we have allowed ourselves to become and what we can do to change that. The part that says "having fallen in love with life, we have ceased to dream of eternity", really hit home. Rather than falling in love with life, I think that many times we just become so focused on ourselves and obsessed with how we feel that we tend to lose sight of what really matters. It is also very good for anyone who is stuck in that "grey area" and finding it hard to change. I hope this touches someone's heart!

sarah Melissa

Post by sarah Melissa » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:57 pm

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO MUCH OF HOW I HAVE BEEN FEELING TODAY. THE ONLY WAY TO GROW IS TO CHANGE BUT, THERE IS ALWAYS RISK IN CHANGE. SOME MIGHT CALL IT FAITH. GOD IS ASKING ME DO I TRUST HIM.

Linda Haley

Post by Linda Haley » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:12 am

That was a beautiful prayer. It makes you think about what is important.

lilraisin

Post by lilraisin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:29 am

Wow that really makes alot of sense. We lose focus on the beauty out in the world and miss alot of what God has in store for us.

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Deep Thinker
Thank you for that post and prayer. Wow that is so intense. It gets to the core of our fears and shakes it. It doesn't settle for what is
"safe" at all. I love it. It has given me
quite a challenge.
God Bless,
Jill~

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Deep Thinker, This posting rings a bell with me!!!

I totally agree with this, and I absolutely loved it!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing these things with each of us!!!

alta

Post by alta » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 am

DEEP THINKER,
THANK YOU FOR THE WORD'S IT DOES HIT HOME.WE DO FOCUS MORE ON OURSELF'S THAN OUR HIGHER POWER AND THEN WE GET OBSESSED WITH OUR OWN FEEELING INSTEAD OFF ASKING OUR HIGHER POWER TO HELP US CHANGE.

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Slimjim saying HI. Just wanted to see if you woulld like to take a peek at my latest webcomic? If so let me know what you think.
Thanx.
[url=http://madamexinc.smackjeeves....cs/1029786/mx-inc-1/]http://madamexinc.smackjeeves....cs/1029786/mx-inc-1/[/url] I'm a recent graduate of the program and I just wanted to show those of you what this program has allowed me to do in ways I never thought was possible. It's allowed me to unlock some major creative juices and it can do the same for you guys as well.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:59 am

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

Kimberly BK

Post by Kimberly BK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:50 am

Hi Deep thinker,
Im new to this web site and found your prayer beautiful. I've had this program now for over a year and started it and just never finished. I've now come to a time in my life that i really need this and plan on following threw to the finish. I really enjoyed reading your posting and it brought me to tears. Thank you for posting. God wanted me to see this!! Kim

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”