What is everyone doing for a living here?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:41 pm

My husband and I own Marshall Heating and Cooling. I'm the office and financial manager.
I also run a small farm and oversee the nursery at our church.
I'm also a full time mom to two very active boys.
Oh, yes-I'm a domestic engineer. Whoo hooo...

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:10 am

I do administrative support and logistics suppport for the Army. I am a government contractor and work for a private company based out of New Jersey. The job can be stressful at times but the company I work for is great, The pay is good as well as the benefits.

Mary L. Smith

Post by Mary L. Smith » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:35 am

I have a Bachelor's Degree in English. I am seeking an entry level position in journalism, public relations or communications. Entry level positions are hard to find in these areas so I am still unemployed. I worked as a legal secretary for a large law firm for awhile after college since I couldn't find the job of my dreams. Am still applying for entry level positions. You would think more companies would hire entry level!
freeone

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:17 am

Originally posted by erialicia:
Hi Bookworm,
would that be De Anza College? I went there to become a nurse before I got married 13 years ago. I am now a stay at home mom, who homeschools our 2 children!
Yup, that's the one! We've got a great nursing program, I hear; very popular! I really love this college. I went to school here before I went on to UCSC to get my BA degree. Small world!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:59 pm

I am an advertising sales rep for a major daily newspaper(s). It is very stressful and the reason I am here to learn how to better handle my anxieties with my work. I am a single mom of 2 and have a college degree.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:45 pm

I teach K-5 Physical Education. Love my job, best in the world. Helps me daily with the anxiety. You'd think I would have the exercise thing down to a science, I know what to do, but I just have to MAKE myself do it sometimes. Seems like I am too tired when I get home after running around with kids all day. My 2007 resolution is to Exercise with them at school, that way I can get it done and over with.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:08 pm

I am a CNa also and have a hard time.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:21 pm

I'm a veterinarian. love my job, sometimes just don't like the stresses that go with the it.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:44 pm

I'm a lab tech. I'm also an artist and I write.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:31 pm

I am a full time college student, and I work part time for a Victorias Secret store nearby.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”