What is everyone doing for a living here?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:44 am

I am an insurance agent who just sold his business to free up some time to spend with my family when I recover from anxiety. My anxiety caused some problems at the end of my business. The sale was the right thing to do.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:54 am

omg this is interesting. joc, our e-mail questionaire must have went around before you joined us. mountain climber,that looks scarry!but :cool:gold smith, i love gold :D,but that vegas bondsman :cool: you contribute dude. would love it.
i am retired.owned cleaning co. in ashlandky.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:57 am

I'm a School Psychologist.
You'd think I'd have the anxiety under a little more control.. goes to show what you can believe for someone else is often hard to believe for yourself. :)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:22 am

I'm a writer, so my job is to constantly think. Sometimes helps the anxiety, sometimes not.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:40 am

Environmental, Health, Safety, and OSHA Compliance....
I work with companys to avoid compliance issues with Uncle Sam.....
Thats the bread and butter job......

Ranching is the therapy and the passion!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:08 am

Wow,
I think its awesome all the jobs yall all have. Very smart , educated, from all walks of life. Thats Awesome!! My husband and I retired in 2001, we sold two of our businessess, just flat burned out on them. Husband went back to his first love, Art. And i started writing again.
Take care, Nelly:)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:15 am

My husband and I run a store on Yahoo. Everything ships directly to the customer and we just handle customer phone calls and follow-ups on the orders.

I started it so I could quit my job and be with my daughter, but then he got laid off and took over. Then after awhile I was able to quit too.

2006 was a really bad year for us because business was a lot slower but we're hanging in there! It's a lot of work but it's so worth it to be home with the kids.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:15 am

I am a manager at a video rental store...I love my job, dealing with the public is rough sometimes with the anxiety issue, and also pressure from higher management to increase revenue can cause stress. I have a degree in Accounting and was going back to school to be a nurse when I decided that nursing was not for me. Too many health issues! Too much knowledge for me...I am a hypochondriac sometimes...lol. Anyway, the job is great and I get to watch movies for free before their release date, which is cool.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:24 am

I'm an office manager for a financial planner. Tax season has started so in the next few months if I just come on here...scream and leave you know why haha :p I also go to school to get my bachelors in small business entrepreneurship. As for my job...I hate it but its comfortable and it pays the bills.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:35 am

I own a hardwood flooring installation and refinishing business.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”