What is everyone doing for a living here?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:28 pm

Unemployed at present. I'm an accountant. I left a job 3 months ago because of ethical/legal accounting/tax problems the company was having. I wanted to fix their problems but they didn't. I'd like to become a certified managment accountant and am currently working toward that goal. I'm looking for a part time bookkeeping position or I may start up my own accounting/tax business.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:43 am

Computer programmer. Been at it 17 years in total. First job, 9 years; second job 8 years minus 1.5 years I was a contractor. I went back to my second job after that was over. I'm going to change jobs this year, that's a goal. Being bored at work is stressful too!

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:39 pm

Been a cook in a high school kitchen for 15 years. Has its stressful moments but I enjoy it most days.

*DarkGypsy*

Post by *DarkGypsy* » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:33 pm

I'm getting ready to become a Travel Agent on Monday. We're selling our business. woo-hoo
*Keep your head up, and say ''Everything's gonna be ok''* =)

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:56 pm

Fun posting topic.

I'm a computer programmer. About 12 years or so. I hope to one day retire with a pot of gold. Well find a pot of gold. Or a money tree. :) So far I haven't found either.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:57 pm

I'm a lawyer, I think its interesting that so many people have so many different backgrounds. I guess no one is safe!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:48 pm

I'm a Mom and a wife, and then 40+ hours per week I am the manager of the Appeals Review Unit for a Long Term Disability carrier.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:31 pm

I recently walked out on a great position with good pay and great potential because of guess what, OVERWHELMING STRESS. I hold a deploma in Computer Information and if I'd get back to school and finish one simple class, I'd have my deploma in Accounting. But no, I'm waisting my time and talents working as a Night Audit clerk because it has"<span class="ev_code_RED">NO STRESS</span>". My prayer is to complete this program and get up the nerve to go back into the real world and find my place. :eek: :eek:

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:23 pm

I'm currently employed as a heavy equipment mechanic for a local public works dept. worked as a light duty certified auto technician from 1994 -2005. currently servicing both light and heavy equipment. Both are well paying but yes it is a high stress job.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:15 am

HI,
I am a nurse, actually just changed careers and graduated from nursing school last July. I work on an oncology floor. Since working in the hospital and seeing so many bad things I feel my anxiety has gotten worse. I internalize everything. Thinking I need to change the way I think in order to live a happy life. Maybe I shouldn't work in a hospital setting??? Any thoughts?

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”