What is everyone doing for a living here?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
czarr

Post by czarr » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:04 am

Hello,

With all of the issues related to anxiety and depression, I was wondering how everyone likes there jobs and what people are doing for a living.

I personally have had many problems working and staying at a job for too long. I have worked in the healthcare industry as a CNA for over a year, while working toward my nursing degree.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:11 am

Well i am a asst. forman at the halliburton warehouse in houma la. It's ok i make a good living to keep me above water, I been here for the past 7 years and before that i was a police officer for 12 years so it was a big change for me but more money.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:17 am

I am back in graduate school, hoping to become a college Biology instructor. I used to be in accounting and hated it, even though I stuck it out for a long time.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:19 am

I am a biller for our county hospital in my area. I bill Home Care, Hospice, and Public Health to Insurances and keep track of their revenue. It's a good job, I love what I do, but it is a high stress job and sometimes the stress takes its toll.

All in all, I wouldn't trade it. It's very gratifying.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:30 am

Hey everybody!
Funny enough, i am a rock climbing guide in yosemite national park. I too am working toward getting into nursing school this fall as soon as my wife finishes. Actually, i got my first panic attack while guiding a client three years ago and thats also when all the best part anxiety disorder peeked its ugly head in, LOL! I do see a lot of health care workers dealing with this stuff, wierd? I used to be type a which could have contributed, but most of my familyn members have probs with anxiety.
have a good day!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:50 am

I am a graphic design student, homemaker. I also do commisioned graphite pencil drawings.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:15 am

bailbond agent

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:18 am

Im a Goldsmith , mostly repairs and restoration. My Job has been good for my anxiety , I am able to kinda lose myself for a while when im working.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:25 am

I work at Brookfield Zoo as the endocrine lab manager--study hormones and behavior in animals. Very cool and it's usually pretty quiet which is good for my anxiety =-)
Sierra--wow a rock climbing instructor, I can imagine how panic could really be an interesting thing to deal with in that kind of a field. Hope all goes well!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:43 am

:cool: I'm with securities division in a major retail chain. Asset protection, investigations, shoplifters, fraud...etc. If your stealing, wheeling and dealing..I'll find you...LOL !! Needless to say...mounds of stress with this one.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”