Vibrating/Shimmering Vision

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Suncastle

Post by Suncastle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:12 pm

Does anyone else have vibrating or shimmering vision? I have this problem when I look at stripes, or busy patterns like persian rugs. I have a hard time going to the grocery store because everything shimmers. All the colours and the shelves...my eyes can hardly focus. I have had this problem for a while, and I have it 24/7. It is like when you look at hot pavement and you see waves of heat. I have had my eyes checked and they found nothing wrong. I am worried it is some neurological disease. Anyone else had this experience?

KimEMT/seeing clearly

Post by KimEMT/seeing clearly » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi, I have had a couple of eye things that happen, and I found out mine was linked to the perscriptions I was on,and not taking them correctly.If your like me you know yourself well enough when something is not right. Once I could actually hear my eyelids and eyes when I moved them. No Joke finally I called my pharmacist and we figured it was my Lithium I was on and a few others. I am noise free. I know what you mean kinda like glowing,movement you would see in a movie?

kjband13oc

Post by kjband13oc » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:20 pm

I have the eye shimmering problem.it seems more severe when Im very anxious and tired.When I am calmer it gets somewhat better.

sammydoo

Post by sammydoo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:30 pm

i know where your coming from. I was one time at the grocery store and i just seriously started placing anything in my basket. just to get me out of there as soon as possible. it got so bad i had to leave my stuff and get out. I ended up having a panic attack because i thought it was leading to something more. Reality of it was i had all the weight on my one arm from the basket..i had waves of muscle spasms i thought i was having a heart attack and the funny feeling in my arm was the signal. My eye sight was from stress. I know it is by now because when i do have my good days, i do feel i can see more clearly and have less headaches. I take full advantage of things when i dont have this feeling with my eyes. But when i do i fight through it. Do things that excite you so much it gets your adrenaline going to where you cant even think about your eyes bothering you. It SOMETIMES helps me. other times, it goes away on its own. Believe it did scare me at one point

vnunez_class60

Post by vnunez_class60 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:28 pm

hey sammy doo i was wondering where you were from....do you have yahoo messenger..if you add me so we cant alk about this blasted anxiety..vnunez_class60@yahoo.com

Chantal19

Post by Chantal19 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:18 pm

Hi,

I too have this and it's NO BIG DEAL. It is competely anxiety related as we are coursing with adrenaline and other chemicals it is actually making our optic nerve shake. It is completely harmless as all anxiety symptoms are. If you relax and don't focus on it....it will go away.

Hope that helps.

Glass

Post by Glass » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:19 pm

Originally posted by Suncastle:
Does anyone else have vibrating or shimmering vision? I have this problem when I look at stripes, or busy patterns like persian rugs. I have a hard time going to the grocery store because everything shimmers. All the colours and the shelves...my eyes can hardly focus. I have had this problem for a while, and I have it 24/7. It is like when you look at hot pavement and you see waves of heat. I have had my eyes checked and they found nothing wrong. I am worried it is some neurological disease. Anyone else had this experience?

Glass

Post by Glass » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:29 pm

Hello: I have had vibrating vision every since I can remember. Certain paterns seem to cause it, like red plads or tite small paterins. I am color blind in a few colors, I wonder if this is the cause. Don't worry about it. It does catch my attention,but it must be nothing.Your the first person that has mentioned it. Maby we are talented here.

Suncastle

Post by Suncastle » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:37 am

Thank you for your help!
I have developed another vision problem. When I look at lights or t-shirts and signs with words written in white writing, I see the images double. This happens if I am looking at anything sort of illuminated, or white and only if I look at it a certain way. This started to happen after I read the symptoms of MS, and now I am completely obsessing over it. I can’t stop testing my vision and every time I do it, I conclude I have MS. It is awful. It has brought my anxiety and panic attacks to a new level. I am afraid to open my eyes in the morning. Anyone else have this vision problem? I am now considering meds….all from this vision symptom and my fear that I have MS.

DebbieW

Post by DebbieW » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:05 am

Hey Suncastle,

Have you had an eye exam? If not, maybe you should. Maybe that would ease some of your fear.
And if I may make one suggestion, stay off sites like WedMd, all they do is create more panic. You can drive yourself crazy looking up information about different illness's.

Take Care,
Debbie :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”