New here and need HELP

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Roger72

New here and need HELP

Post by Roger72 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Long story short a few weeks ago was my first major panic attack. After that my doctor put me on paxil. Then I wasn't eating throwing up and shakey. The Dr never called back so I took myself off if it. I was good for little over a week then I had another anxiety attack. Since that attack I keep getting mini attacks. When I get these attacks I don't feel like eating. Any ideas or HELP PLEASE! !!!

coachchris

Re: New here and need HELP

Post by coachchris » Tue May 10, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi Roger,

Welcome to the peer forums. This is Coach Chris from the coaching team.
Thank you for writing and reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety and panic.
You said it started a few weeks ago, was there some stress attached to the elevated adrenaline?
How are you doing with the relaxation cd and the six steps from lesson two?

It's not uncommon to lose your appetite when stress elevates so try and do your best to stay hydrated (lots of water) and have healthy foods to snack on. I went through a season of high stress and ended up on paxil. It also made me quite nauseated when I first went on it. The relaxation cd and learning belly breathing helped me to float through the anxiety.

I am happy to set up a free coaching call with you if you would like to speak over the phone.
I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris

Roger72

Re: New here and need HELP

Post by Roger72 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:39 am

Yes a few weeks ago I started having chest pains. After an ambulance ride a cardiologist and 4 ekg's that came back fine I admitted I was having panic attacks. After weeks of dealing with this my chiropractor said I had pulled some ribs. I've been going back to her once a week because I still get discomfort in that area which helps bring on the attacks. I've been exercising and when I eat eating healthy for the most part unless I haven't eaten in days. The attacks are now coming when I first get up in the morning. The cds are helping but definitely getting down from this happening.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”