agoraphobia

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
ruzan

agoraphobia

Post by ruzan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:21 pm

I've been locked in my house for 9 months and have no idea what first steps to take to get out.

randy c.

Re: agoraphobia

Post by randy c. » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:24 am

ruzan, Why do you feel like you cant get out? Browse through previous posts,there's alot of useful and helpful info on agoraphobia.You can get over your anxieties,and this program can show you how. ;)

Maggiepie

Re: agoraphobia

Post by Maggiepie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:06 am

Hi Ruzan, There is hope for you. I was absolutely terrified about going out and couldnt even make it out my front door for a long time. Then little by little and over years, my world has gotten a lot bigger... Still have work to do ... hence I am here too. But I started by going out to the letterbox at the front gate.... then walking to a friends one street over, I had loads of 'safe' things with me, a water bottle, mobile phone, eucalyptus oil on a tissue... yes seriously it was a safe thing for me... pretty silly... ah but I did not get a cold or flu in the years I was carrying that tissue, and a song. So maybe not that weird, since I stopped I get colds and flus all the time!
So there is hope, find out what works for you and start small. I wish you luck.
Maggie

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”