Newly Working and Growth Spurts

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
ladybug11

Newly Working and Growth Spurts

Post by ladybug11 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi All,

I recieved the program last November and completed the program. I felt great and ready to start living my life after years of anxiety. I applied for a few jobs and got a job in the schools. I went in for orientation and training and had a mini panic attack. I was able to go back in the room after about 10 minutes and finished the training. However, since then the "growth spurt" has caused a set back in big ways. I decided to hold off with taking the job until this school year so I could take care of me (or avoid the fear). I got a call from the school offerring me a job that is perfect for me. I took it without hesitation! I am now 3 weeks into the job and I am having almost daily "growth spurts" and anxiety. I have reviewed some of the CD's but, boy am I way too in my head! Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Johnso1958

Re: Newly Working and Growth Spurts

Post by Johnso1958 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Ladybug, I am new to program, just one month. It sounds like anxiety/overthinker personality trait. I kind of have the same thing. I really can't say much more because I am so new to program but it sounds like you have a good base of knowledge and yes you do sound consumed.. Also the choice /decision to work or care for me is probably causing anxiety..

randy c.

Re: Newly Working and Growth Spurts

Post by randy c. » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:34 am

Hello lady bug, I agree . It sounds like your over thinking it. I think its normal to be anxious when starting a new job. Your probably second guessing yourself and thats ok because your recovering from anxiety.Its really easy to get caught up in the what if thinking just remember its just anxiety it will pass. If you get a chance drop by the chat room,I try to be there around 8:30 pm. I live in nc so there may be a difference in time. :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”