How to be supportive to yourself

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Ninjafrodo2

How to be supportive to yourself

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:00 pm

So at the end of last year I started to take an improv class for anxiety and I had done well and had finished 2 semesters/levels of it so far and its still a challenge with the anxiety because with improv, you can't really prepare in advance...there are no lines you can memorize or subjects you can really study before hand...you don't know what character you will play, what story you will be apart of and how it will turn out....well, the anxiety classes have ended and now we are joining the regular improv classes...we'll have a new teacher and there will be some new people who were not part of the anxiety improv classes but the regular ones and I'm feeling nervous about that.

So I decided to write myself a letter...one that would be supportive as well as compassionate and I put meaning behind what I was saying (remember what the one guy in the program said, "say what you mean and mean what you say")...and it felt pretty good so I decided to make a video of it and so I did and I decided to post it on here so maybe it can help you too, especially the people that may not know how to come up with supportive words or are having troubles with the thought replacement...you may find something useful here......anyways, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDvAMd4bgz8

Johnso1958

Re: How to be supportive to yourself

Post by Johnso1958 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Good Job Mike. Keep pursuing the journey.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”