New to this forum...

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Brand1812

New to this forum...

Post by Brand1812 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this program, and Im trying to figure everything out. Im finally realizing that I struggle with anxiety, and openly admitting it helps greatly. Several years ago I lost a friend in a tragic drinking and driving accident, which left me crippled with anxiety for about six months. I'm not sure that I was able to fully comes to terms with her passing, which is why I struggle with the thoughts of dying.

This past year has been very hard as well. I lost my job in July, and took a temporary position (which ended in February). I was blessed to find a permanent position, but my anxiety has lead me to thoughts of getting fired from my new job. I know this won't happen, but my thoughts wonder to these negative areas. I guess I just want someone with an outside perspective to listen. Please give me guidance in shifting my life to a lifestlye with less anxiety.

coachchris

Re: New to this forum...

Post by coachchris » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:58 am

HI Brandi,

Thank you for writing and reaching out.
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. That sounds very difficult.
How far are you into the program? Lesson 3 will be very helpful for you moving forward.
I encourage you to talk to yourself like you would a good friend and be sure to be writing out your negatives to positives.

I can hear how hard you're trying to be in the present moment. Keep it up!
Let us know how you are doing and if you would like to set up a free coaching call I would be happy to talk with you!

Blessings,
Coach Chris:)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”