Weaning off Anxiety Medication

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
hope11

Weaning off Anxiety Medication

Post by hope11 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Is anyone trying to wean off anxiety meds now or done so already? Was just wondering if you felt achy in your joints or had electric shocks in your body. I am happy to say I am finally starting to try to wean off mine after 3 1/2 years but doing so extremely slow. Started having these symptoms mentioned and hoped to hear of someone's input if you have had this and does it go away? Hope everyone is on the road to recovery. Mine has been a slow one but finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel again. Wish you all well!

MLafferty

Re: Weaning off Anxiety Medication

Post by MLafferty » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:32 pm

I had recently attempted to get off my meds.....I had lots of luck at first and got completely off of one med for 3 months, then started my second med. I didn't do so well keeping up with the program and had some personal issues arise. I had to start back with both meds full time and know that the program was working but got lax with the program and let my issues get the best of me.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Hope-I had some head "zaps or zingers" coming off of paxil. I too did it very slowly and have been of of medication for 13 years. Slow and steady is a good plan. I hope you continue to do well and are using the tools and skills from the program.

MLaf-sorry to hear about the personal issues that interrupted your program. What did you find helpful when you were going through it?

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris
bootcamp@stresscenter.com

hope11

Post by hope11 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi Coach Chris. Haven't been on here in a while. Still reducing Klonopin very very slowly but still on Paxil. Doing way better than when I first started having anxiety (almost 4 years now) but not completely recovered by no means. This has truly been a long journey. Do you ever quit having these inner nervous feelings? When I am not having that, I can do so much more but still have it pretty often, at least some most every day. I am so thankful that God has brought me as far as I have come but pray I will be completely over it again someday real soon. I learned to cope with a lot through the program and also from constantly reading and seeing things to encourage me to keep trying because I assure you there were many days I felt like giving up. One thing I would like to share that I read is: I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO DO IT AFRAID! We have to learn to believe that to move forward. Hope everyone is doing well. I still pray for those I have talked to on here and for those of you that I haven't. Don't give up on yourself.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Thank you for the great words of encouragement. I am so thankful that you continue to persevere and slowly get off of the klonopin. You can and you will be on solid footing. I have been off of medication now for over 12 years and even though sometimes I still have adrenalin it is there to remind me to manage life well, to stay positive and take good care of my body. I can trace the adrenalin now to a busy schedule, lack of water or excitement.

We cheer you on. Many blessings!
Coach Chris
888-480-6785

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:14 pm

I am doing it with Zoloft!!!! I now take 1 pill a day!!! ;)

hope11

Post by hope11 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Great news lockdo. You say you are doing it with Zoloft. Does that mean you are just coming off Zoloft or coming off something else with the help of Zoloft? Have you been on benzos at all? Good luck. Keep it up!

kimbo242

Post by kimbo242 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:51 pm

Hello -

I quit taking Venlafaxine - the medicine never relieved my anxiety but gave me all the side effects - what a deal - oh it cost a lot of money too - insurance was sporadic - even though it was generic.

It was at least a four month process - just cutting the dose in half of 225 mg, and half again and then finally just quit at 67 mg - painful withdrawals but exercise worked wonders to counteract them.

Leo

hope11

Post by hope11 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi Kimbo: What kind of withdrawals did you have and how long? I keep feeling light-headed and faint at times, have more anxiety jitters again, and nausea. I have been sick with one thing or another since mid-January so that may add to these symptoms. I just don't have much energy. I was doing so well for a while. It is scary weaning off this junk but I want to be off of it so badly. I am trying to hang in there but could use some encouragement. Glad you made it! How long had you been on it? Were you ever on Klonopin?

kimbo242

Post by kimbo242 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:27 pm

The side effects were: major nonstop headaches, dizzy, light headed, some kind of weird ringing in my ears. Non-functional - just lay in bed hoping it would go away.

The exercise minimized everything so much. I couldn't have done it with regular workouts.

I have taken - paxil, cymbalta, and a ton of others that I can't remember and am trying to forget.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”