Weaning off Anxiety Medication

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
hope11

Re: Weaning off Anxiety Medication

Post by hope11 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:03 am

Hi Coach Chris: Hi everyone. It has been a long time since I have been on the website. Hope everyone is doing well. Coach Chris, I was just wondering if you are aware of anyone having had a problem with "vibrations" in their head after getting off Klonopin? I have been off of it now for over 3 months and these weird feelings are happening more frequently. Kind of feels like chills running through the back of my head and sometimes a pulsating feeling. Mostly when I am lying down, trying to sleep. They interrupt my sleep quite a bit. It is worse while laying on my back. If I turn over, it is a little better and usually goes away after getting up. Have gotten worse in the past couple of weeks. I was doing much better, still not totally back to what used to be my "normalcy" but better. My pdoc (NP) says this should have nothing to do with having been on the Klonopin. What do you think? or if anyone else reading this has had this happen to them, I would love to hear from you. Have a great and blessed day!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:27 pm

HI Hope,

Thank you for writing and reaching out.
I have not heard of those sensations specifically attached to klonopin.
I do however hear a lot of symptoms like that related to stress and muscle tension.
Staying hydrated is important and I would try massage in the neck and head area.
If you know you're sensitive and have tendencies to obsess about your health or specific areas of your health like medication then I would be sure to be using lots of positive, truthful selftalk.
I hope this helps.

Thank you again for posting.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:28 pm

HI Hope,

I do however hear a lot of symptoms like that related to stress and muscle tension.
Staying hydrated is important and I would try massage in the neck and head area.
If you know you're sensitive and have tendencies to obsess about your health or specific areas of your health like medication then I would be sure to be using lots of positive, truthful selftalk.
I hope this helps.

We are here to help.
Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:31 pm

HI Hope,

I hope this helps.

We are here to help.
Coach Chris

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”