A new idea

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Ninjafrodo2

Re: A new idea

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:12 pm

Well thank you, I try.

I wouldnm't say that changing the locks is overkill, its a necessity.....as for situations that may come in the future....its best not to just go based off what people say and rather how they behave...behavior is the real truth teller and if you can be observant of that, then you can save yourself alot of grief in the future....although not sure how that could help in a situation like the one you just went through.

Who was the he?

Oh and ya you'll probabbly be able to find similarities in many different areas of life....both situations happened in buildings, both involved doors being left open and involved other people....but there are many more differences then there are similarities...the similarities just triggered the memories, thats all.

Mike

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Its Tuesday and that means another episode of improv classes....Its day 5 today and in today's video I talk about the chances I've been seeing within myself between last week and this week outside of class....I'm not as scared, I'm becoming more confident and I give at least 1 example of howthat was evident in my life....Also I give a few insights and talk a bit about things that need to be worked on....so check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV-QCD_drUY

Mike

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:52 am

Its tuesday again and here is the latest video!

In this video I talk about how I see myself inside and how I desire to be that person on the outside as well as changes I'm noticing and a few insights when it comes to facing challenges. In the 2nd part of the video I talk about the theme of the class I had this week which was Emotions....this was a pretty big topic, I talk about my challenges as well as a few insights like how it can be detrimental to categorize certain emotions as bad, the purpose of emotions as well as what happens when you allow yourself to feel those uncomfortable emotions and how I did that when I was in class....So I hope this helps give some insight and helps you guys to feel better about the emotional part of yourselves and some insight as to how you can start to deal with those emotions in a healthier way that is going to lead to life being experienced at a higher and more enjoyable level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78_GYNi0E8

Mike

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:17 am

Hi Mike,
Fine. FINE. I'll participate.
I loved your entrance. I laughed out loud.
Courage is Cool. Real courage. Facing your fears courage. That's pretty cool. Stepping out of your comfort zone, or jumping, is awesome.
SO, I've taken my day trip to a far away land 48 minutes from my home BY MYSELF. Very simple. My anxiety was that I wouldn't be able to program my phone to tell me how to get there.
Once I got there I immediately met a new friend called Blanche (yup, it's true) and we took an Excel class as I'm doing all the spread sheets at work.

Annnnddddd......I'm now the chairperson of the Retail Committee for an organization where I live, in addition to my full time job. Sooooooo.....I'm extremely busy planning our 1st Annual Christmas Stroll, to be held the weekend after the huge Christmas Parade which our store is busy planning for. (Dorothy, Glinda, bubbles, (remember Glinda always arrives in a bubble) the lollypop guild and those other three guys, the lion, (needs courage) the tin man (a heart) and the scarecrow (a brain) which will be the part time staff in our store. I'm the producer. :)

The stroll is a huge deal for me because I have invited all restaurants, resorts, retail boutiques, pak mail stores, etc to participate. I've hired a 'strolling' Santa (God forbid Santa stay in one place for too long or a retail fight will break out) and am still looking for Christmas Carolers.

I've asked the restaurants to create a small 'stroll menu', 'stroll themed cocktails' and the shops to provide holiday decor (not necessary as the community is stunning and all the windows are already trimmed) holiday music and holiday refreshments.

Plus, I'm still very busy running the store. Another incident happened last week that left me very, very rattled, long story but same theme without any damage, but this time the owner (whom I adore, admire and she's also kind of my mentor) told me to shake it off. She said "you need to shake it off. You've got a store to run." And a float to build and a stroll to plan.

So, I'm much more confident but still suffering anxiety attacks which are getting MORE frequent for some very strange reason. But I'm ignoring the anxiety. I tested the bubble machine that I ordered for the parade the other day and it's really cool. all different sizes of bubbles being shot out of a machine floating everywhere. I kept remembering the scene in the movie where Glinda comes down in a bubble and the munchkins are oohing and ahhhing and she says something like "my dear, it seems your house fell on the wicked witch of the east; and those are her ruby slippers"

And then as the bubble machine was being tested and spraying bubbles everywhere I remembered the scene (like hhhuge flashbacks in my mind) where at the very end of the movie Glinda says to Dorothy (after Todo jumped out of the helium balloon and she learned that Oz was only a regular man with no power at all) where was I; Glinda says "My dear, You've had to power to go home all along" And then she points her want to Dorothy's ruby slippers. "click your heels and say 'there's no place like home' three times.'

My mind is busy recreating fairy tales for our parade and trying to bring our community together for an awesome stroll (I sort of stole the idea from Nantucket's famous Christmas stroll) and we are starting this year with baby steps. We won't have a town crier for instance. (Maybe that can be my role. Haha)

No need to worry about me. I didn't want to come back but your entrance made me laugh.

Thanks, Mike.

J.
PS
I just reread this and noticed a few typos at the end. I was all set to edit them out but I'm not. They're interesting. "to power' instead of "the power"; and she "points her want" instead of "wand"

Prettttyyyyy interesting, if I were a shrink. Which I'm not. But still.....
XO

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:11 pm

This is the 'Heart' of the Christmas Float we are preparing for this year's Christmas Parade.

I just love this movie and this scene. It makes me cry, actually.

Anyway, I hope you like it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvj85cOWD54

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:14 pm

"....Like Dorothy, you have always had the power... No one can tell you this, you must discover this power for yourself. Knowledge is contained in every step you take along your unique path; your yellow brick road. Along the way, look for the underlying pattern, see the big picture, listen to your 'essence' as it speaks through nature, and know you never have to look any further than your own backyard for the power to Know...the 'essence'/God-fragment within you..."

~Author Unknown~

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:31 pm

I really liked that video link before of the shake it off, I kept forgetting to put that in but then I remembered it this time.

Also it sounds like you really are busy and wanting things to turn out really well and you also faced an anxiety...and its important to realize how challenging it is not just to face the situation itself because without anxiety it'd probabbly be easy but how you faced the anxiety itself and thats the most important part. Realize it was hard, acknowledge that you faced it regardless and let yourself feel good for that aspect of it :)

Its also really interesting how we can be so perfectionistic...i'm still that way in improv class, sometimes more than others and it can be a difficult pattern to break.

Good luck with the event, I know it means alot to you to get this done well and I'm sure it'll all turn out good even if anxiety is present or not.

Mike

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:19 pm

uh, you didn't actually post anything

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:25 am

Good morning, Mike.
Yes, actually I did.

I erased it.

It's a coping mechanism.

Have a nice day, Mike. We only get on November 1, 2014 in our entire lives. This is the it!
XO

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”