It's been a long time !

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
manofmusic

It's been a long time !

Post by manofmusic » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:42 pm

It's been a long time since I've posted here.........over a year !

Quite a bit has happened, but the best thing is that I'm not walked all over anymore. I'm not afriad to say what's on my mind without being insulting to others. If a friend or family member has something negative to say, I don't wait and let it play over and over in my mind and then blow up a year later LOL !!!! If my "wonderful" boss has his typical negative crap to say, I get it off my chest right then and there and let him know that he's not allowed to speak to employees that way.

Over the past year and a half, I've lost 80 pounds and in a few weeks I'll be running my first marathon. I'm really nervous about it, but It's not a Boston qualifer type run. Even though it's 26.2 miles, it's thought of as a "fun run." As long as I can cross it in 6h 30m, I'm good to go. Looking forward to it !

Hope the old gang is still here somewhere too !............

coachchris

Re: It's been a long time !

Post by coachchris » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:42 pm

That's great to hear! Learning to use your voice in an assertive healthy way is powerful and healing. You should be very proud of yourself! Keep us posted on the Marathon. Our daughter ran her first last year. It was a blast.

Here to help,
Coach Chris

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi Chris ! Nice to meet you. The marathon is in 4 days and I'm getting butterflies ! LOL !!!! I think I'll just use them to help me move faster to the finish line. Before I know it, it will be over and hopefully I'll have good memories from it. It's not the type of marathon that everyone involved is in it for the big money. There are people of all shapes and sizes in it. I think it will be a blast too. It was a great day at work too !

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:56 am

Completed the marathon !!!!!! It felt so good crossing the finish line. It took 2 days to fully recuperate. I'm back to walking around the neighborhood again. Doing this makes me feel like I can take on anything. This marathon is something I signed up for in January. It's not a Boston qualifier so as long as it doesn't take longer than 6h 30m, it's good. I crossed the finish line and still had an hour to spare. I conquered a few fears.......heights. I had to cross the Ambassador Bridge. That's a mile long. .....enclosed spaces....I had to go through the Windsor Detroit Tunnel. That's a mile long. I believe it's the only international marathon (goes into 2 countries - U.S. and Canada) and it's the only marathon that has an underwater mile (under the Detroit River). So, 3 fears conquered.......fear of failure, fear of heights, fear of enclosed spaces. Check, check and check. These will be memories I'll have forever. Time to get on with my life and tackle other things.

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:13 pm

yes that is amazing to hear...and its good to see people still here that have been with the forums for such a long time like myself....I don't think there are alot of us still here.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 am

That's quite inspiring!! Way to go. Keep us posted on your next adventures. They help all of us to continue to make our world bigger:)

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:43 am

That's awesome! You've accomplished so much. Congratulations on the marathon and the weight loss!

There's just a few old time people on here. I just started lurking again.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”