Anxiety coming back after 2 years....full force

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
lcipparone

Anxiety coming back after 2 years....full force

Post by lcipparone » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:41 am

Hello...
I participated in the program about two years ago and had much success...some of my biggest fears I learned to control. I continue to use the techniques I learned, just about daily, to combat my anxious tendencies. Recently, however, I am beginning to experience some rather intense panic attacks...in the car, after exercising, if my head feels weird - I panic. I do not recall my attacks feeling like this...they were different - not so unexpected...they just kind of creap up now. The whole sensation is a bit unusual...unfamiliar. I do have Klonopin, on hand, if I ever need a little something extra to calm my nerves. Normally, my 10 pills last me about 4-6 months, taking 1/2 a pill at a time. This past month, I went through all 10. :( I can pinpoint some reasons as to why my anxiety may be elevated, but the attacks are what's really bothering me. I just don't remember my panic attacks coming on so strong...it's scary and I'm wondering if this happens to other members?? I was feeling REALLY good for a wonderful amount of time...now I have this uneasiness in my head again...and my body doesn't want to settle down. I even practiced some Yoga the other night and was sitting on my couch afterwards, nice and relaxed, and all of sudden...BOOM...attack!! I was like 'HUH?' Do I just start the program all over again??? - I feel like that's my only option.
Thanks for reading...

randy c.

Re: Anxiety coming back after 2 years....full force

Post by randy c. » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Icciparone, I can relate to your symptoms. I get anxious when driving but especially when I have a weird body symptom or a pain of odd sorts.I guess my thoughts go to worst possible place they can go and I start feeling spacey, holding my breath etc. waiting for the worst thing to happen but it never does.Your not the only one just remember....... Its just anxiety. I hope this helps. ;)

flguy123

Re: Anxiety coming back after 2 years....full force

Post by flguy123 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:46 pm

I can relate to anxiety coming back in a "different way". I have had issues with anxiety being full body experiences- where in the past they were just temporary episodes. You have to identify in your mind what is triggering these episodes. I find that once I figure out what is in the "bucket" in my head I can work through the attacks. It can be what you are eating, lack of exercise, increase in stress. All of these can contribute to this sense of increase anxiety. If you truly begin to work on identifying the cause you will lower the incidences. Use the relaxation techniques and medication (if necessary) to let these feeling subsidy. They will pass-- they always will. I am beginning to realize that we were given these sensations for a reason. We need to learn how to manage them better. Best of luck- let me know how you are doing.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”