Panic In Public

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
brittneybb

Panic In Public

Post by brittneybb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello I was wondering if anyone else is like me with panic. Every time i go to school i panic, ever since i almost passed out at school i live with this fear that ill pass out at school all the time now & I'm afraid of what people will think of me. I know I'm not supposed to worry about what people think but for some reason i still feel this panic feeling when i go to school. I try to figure it out and i think maybe its from me not liking school and i feel as though I'm trapped and i have to do it which makes the panic occur more & i feel off balance. I went to the doctor but they didn't find anything i thought it was vertigo but no. before the incident where i almost passed out i was fine but now its been kind of difficult trying to go to school. Does anyone else feel this way?

randy c.

Re: Panic In Public

Post by randy c. » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Brittney, I and many others have felt exactly what your going through. No doctor can help,only you can help along with the program and support from here.I used to be exactly the same, only mine was work instead of school.Your just anticipating that feeling,waiting for your head to start reeling and then before you know it your anxiety is through the roof.You didnt pass out before,you wont pass out this time.When you feel yourself getting anxious start deep slow breathing,reminding yourself its only anxiety its not going to hurt me over and over. It sure helped me. Check out the forums,its a great resource of info and stop by the chat room lots of people love to share and support one another.I hope this helps. ;)

brittneybb

Post by brittneybb » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Thank you very much for responding and letting me know I'm not alone & thank you for the advice i appreciate it. I will definitely be using the chat and all the great features provided by StressCenter. :)

Stephanie29

Post by Stephanie29 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:43 am

Hi I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I just joined the Stress program and I wanted to say that I have a hard time leaving my house. I was in the store one time and had a real bad anxiety episode where I felt myself about to faint and ever since then I have avoided that store or if I do go there I always rode around in a scooter, for fear of fainting. When I started this program for the first time in probably 2 years I actually walked the whole grocery store twice. I still had the real dizzy feeling and kinda spacy feeling but I didn't let myself really think to hard into it. I still have a long way to go, but that was such an amazing feeling after I walked out of the store. You are not alone so many people suffer from this and until recently I myself did not realize exactly how many people.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”