Anticipatory anxiety-Its a bummer.

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
randy c.

Anticipatory anxiety-Its a bummer.

Post by randy c. » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:03 pm

I went to a work related meeting last night. The ride there was fine.I went in,talked to some friends everything felt normal. When the meeting started I started to get anxious and dizzy. I cant figure out why,I knew most everyone there.I stuck it out even though I wanted to run.After the meeting my dizziness dropped to spaciness, which hung around most of today. I have an 8 hour meeting tomorrow and i"m afraid the same thing will repeat itself again, only this time its for 8 boring mind numbing hours. Any quick fix advice out there? All comments welcome.Anticipatory anxiety.....Its a bummer :oops:

gerrithegirl

Re: Anticipatory anxiety-Its a bummer.

Post by gerrithegirl » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi Randy,

I don't actually have any words of experience for you, but I do empathize. I also have Anticipatory Anxiety, but it works differently for me. Once I'm where I need to be, I'm able to immerse myself in the situation with minimal anxiety. Mine comes to me when I think of going to something. I do find that the relaxation tape helps. I also want to mention the name of a relaxation tape that I do - It is by Harold Glenn - It is called Solfeggio Meditation - Emotional Stability and Harmonizing Relationships - You can actually feel his voice quieting you - Just a thought - It has helped me. Good Luck, Randy, and I hope that things get better and better for you. gerrithegirl :lol: :lol:

gerrithegirl

Post by gerrithegirl » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi Randy,

I don't actually have any words of experience for you, but I do empathize. I also have Anticipatory Anxiety, but it works differently for me. Once I'm where I need to be, I'm able to immerse myself in the situation with minimal anxiety. Mine comes to me when I think of going to something. I do find that the relaxation tape helps. I also want to mention the name of a relaxation tape that I do - It is by Harold Glenn - It is called Solfeggio Meditation - Emotional Stability and Harmonizing Relationships - You can actually feel his voice quieting you - Just a thought - It has helped me. Good Luck, Randy, and I hope that things get better and better for you. gerrithegirl : :lol:

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:14 pm

thanks for the response,i will check out the relaxation cd. :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”