Has anyone had brain shakes in their sleep

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
hope11

Has anyone had brain shakes in their sleep

Post by hope11 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:39 pm

I have started having a feeling like my brain is shaking while I am asleep which wakes me up. This happens at night or when taking a nap. Does anybody else out there have this and what have you done about it? It is scaring me even though I have talked to my doctor about it. Please share your experience.

randy c.

Re: Has anyone had brain shakes in their sleep

Post by randy c. » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:22 pm

I have had that feeling before.mine happens generally when im drifting off,or when waking from a nap.especially if its kinda hot.i dont know what it is,the doctor couldnt explain but it comes and goes and has for years.i dont have an explanation but your not alone. :?

hope11

Post by hope11 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:41 am

Thanks Randy. It amazes me how much these doctors don't know but they are freely giving out meds that can cause so many of our symptoms. I just hope these are not seizures of some kind.

hope11

Post by hope11 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi Randy: Can't believe we are the only ones who have had this. Can you explain how yours feels and what have you done about it. This is scaring me as it is getting worse and have had it now for about 2 months. Have you had any tests done or talked to the doctor about it? Thanks

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Hope ,I did go to the doctor he couldnt explain it. I had a scan done and extensive tests on my inner ear,balance etc... Mine feels like a shakiness or an earthquake inside my head. sometimes my eyes feel like their shaking or shimmying .The doctor did suggest cutting back on sugar,caffeine the usual speech. it has not really affected me other than when I go to sleep. i hope this helps.

hope11

Post by hope11 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks Randy. That is pretty much how mine feels. Sometimes it feels like my heart is also pulsating in the back of my head. Most of the shaking feels like it is in the back on the left and mostly when I am sleeping. Are you on any kind of meds? They have suggested an EEG and a MRI scan but I scared to have the tests done. It is terrible what all anxiety can put you through. Mine has really been rough as I know so many others are too. It just helps when someone else has experienced the same thing and you know they have survived it. Have a good night.

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Hope, does it ever feel like your heart pulsates in your ears? kind of a pulsing sound. mine do this but that is because of my allergies. it is allergy season here. may be something as simple as that.I dont take any meds except over the counter allergy relief.

mattrush1234

Post by mattrush1234 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:31 am

I have had the same problems. I will wake up in the middle of the night shaking or I will wake up in the morning shaking. I even get those brain zapps if I take any medications. I've spent thousands of dollars at the emergency room and doctors visits this past year and they have done every test known to man and found nothing. I know if I take any medications or even vitamins it's much worse. It's hard because I have bad acid reflux and hay fever, so I have to take pills a few times a week. What scares me the most is I will wake up right before I'm about to dose off asleep for the night and jump up with my heart racing, scared, and even confused not knowing where I am for a minute when I take any medications at all. Even vitamin C. My best guess from my experiences is because of our anxiety our bodies and minds are so sensitive to anything that even a simple allergy pill sets off all of these symptoms. I'm sure it's all just anxiety in another form and we are not dying like our minds tell us we are when we are experiencing these things. It will pass eventually. I'm trying not be afraid anymore when this stuff happens. I would suggest not taking any pills at all for 2-5 days and see if it goes away. That helped me out. I found a natural online cure for axid reflux by just eating an apple every night before bed and it works. It's funny a doctor would never tell you to eat an apple for heartburn even though it works, because they want everyone taking pills for everything. I'm sure these symptoms will be long gone in a few months for both of us if we just keep doing and repeating the course.
Good luck.

hope11

Post by hope11 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Randy, no I don't really hear it in my ears. I have a ringing, hissing, or clicking noise in my ears a lot. Sometimes I hear what sounds like a loud gun go off in my ears while I am asleep. I don't usually have allergy problems like that. Don't know? It can be so many different things.

hope11

Post by hope11 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi Matt: I haven't done any tests yet and am scared of doing them. I read where taking fish oil helps so I am going to try it first, I think. I can't stay off my meds for anxiety or depression. That would throw me into withdrawals and I don't need that. I just hope these go away soon. Thanks for your reply and hope you continue to feel better.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”