self-sabotage

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
S3anne

self-sabotage

Post by S3anne » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Can anyone relate to NOT doing positive things for yourself? I've been pretty consistent with the program, as far as doing the workbook pages & listening to the weekly cd's... but I avoid doing anything else for myself. I continue to over-eat in binges, I avoid exercise, I sleep in and avoid my journal, I have to push myself to dress nicely and do my hair & make-up, etc. I do wonderful things for family with great energy and love - but when it comes to myself, I get excited about the idea of it but when it comes to following through and actually DOING something nice for myself - I skip it and I don't know why.
Can anyone relate? How do I take better care of myself - to learn to like & love myself? It's painful to ask that out loud here, but I feel it's holding me back from the full benefits of the program and keeping me tied to depression.

BlueD

Re: self-sabotage

Post by BlueD » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:13 pm

I have trouble this also. I'm thinking maybe an exercise partner...

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:34 am

S3anne, you are doing something positive for yourself.your participating in the program and using the support forums.hang in there,its gonna get better :)

S3anne

Post by S3anne » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:11 am

Thank you for the support.
A book was suggested to me called "A Course in Weight Loss" by Marianne Williamson. It's divided into 21 daily, spiritual lessons and I am on day 5. I feel that it is helping me address all of the things that bother me: the self-sabotage, anxiety, compulsive eating, loneliness, low self-esteem, trouble feeling "present" in the moment, etc.
It's an intense course, but certainly worth the extra homework! I already feel better than I did just a week ago. I highly recommend it to anyone who has issues with food/weight, but even if you don't, I think this book is a great find as it gently explains how our unhealthy/addictive habits are acts of self-hate brought on by (subconscious) fears and how to replace those thoughts and acts with love as we remember and celebrate our True Selves.

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:13 pm

I feel this. You get agitated and do not want to be bothered. It like you get depressed and then you shut down. :(

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”