Looking for advice on body/present moment connections

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
S3anne

Looking for advice on body/present moment connections

Post by S3anne » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm confused. I did a yoga class instructed by my sister a week ago (as part of exercising more), and she later asked how I felt afterwards and I felt great, but she noticed that it seemed strange seeing me do the moves as though I were not really feeling the stretches or feeling connected with my body. Thank goodness for this program because instead of feeling offended by this, I agreed with her. I don't feel connected to my body. Everything is in my head. I avoid exercise. Also, I notice myself feeling distracted easily when other people are talking or when I am around other people, even my family, or even alone with my husband. My mind wanders and I don't take in what they are saying or really pay attention to what is happening around me. I feel spacey and this is different than my panic attacks in which I feel an overwhelming emotional need to cry and leave the room. When I am aware of the spacy feelings, I try to focus on what the other person is saying, yet it's like I go "blank" and feel like I'm not really there and I forget what they just said... It's strange and I was wondering if anyone else can relate or has advice on how to feel more "present" in the moment, or how to build a stronger connection between mind & body. Thank you.

BlueD

Re: Looking for advice on body/present moment connections

Post by BlueD » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:21 pm

I often feel this way. I feel spaced out. Sometimes meds make you feel this way but I'm not on meds. I feel dizzy/spacey/ crazy! Hope it goes away soon.

randy c.

Re: Looking for advice on body/present moment connections

Post by randy c. » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:27 pm

I know how you guys feel.Ithink were so consumed in our own thoughts and worries we just exaust our minds.then its hard to concentrate or focus on anyone or anything exept ourselves.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”