feeling down

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
BlueD

feeling down

Post by BlueD » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:55 pm

It's been a while since I've been on here but I'm going to start the program back up. Before when I was on here I was in full panic mode. I'm still very anxious about a lot of things like driving or social settings. I can drive a few miles from home but thats about it. I didn't finish the program before & I'm no longer on meds but I'm needing help with the social anxiety. Anyone else have this? Well I hope everyone is doing good.

S3anne

Re: feeling down

Post by S3anne » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:58 am

Hi BlueD,
I can relate. I first started the program about 10 years ago & stopped about halfway around week 8. I've recently started it again & have stuck with it by involving some family & friends (just to check in with them and let them know I'm keeping up with the weekly lessons). I'm in the middle of week 7 and although I'm proud of myself for making it this far, I'm struggling with an emotional set-back right now and came on this site to look for support. I haven't had a serious depressive episode since I first started around week one a few months ago, but now I feel down again and I'm doing everything I can to avoid letting my hurt feelings drag me down any further. As for your post, I also have anxieties about driving, but I live in a small town and can get around to familiar places okay, but feel very irritable & on edge while I'm driving. It helps that I've cut down on caffeine & sugar and I listen to my session cd's after I drop my kids off at school and am on my way home. I also struggle with social anxiety. I avoid large groups like parties or play groups for my kids. They send me into a panic and I get emotionally overwhelmed and want to cry and leave and hide at home... I hope you find ways to encourage yourself to follow through with and finish this program. I would love to share support! I should finish near the end of April, just before my birthday. My sister has offered for us to plan a little get-away together to celebrate. By that time, I may even be able to do some of the driving? Anyway, thank you for your post and I hope to hear how you are doing, soon. Take care...

randy c.

Re: feeling down

Post by randy c. » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:44 pm

BlueD,I also have trouble driving and socializing. I think mine stems from fear of passing out. Do you have similar symptoms? I start driving and get light headed,its the same when im talking to people too.Even if their friends or family.Mine all boils down to fear,plain and not so simple.So sticking to the program has to be the answer. Good luck with your driving and social anxiety. ;)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”