Can someone please help me?!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Willows

Can someone please help me?!

Post by Willows » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:14 pm

I can't stop obsessing about going to my job. I don't like my job and I only have 1 more month at it. However, I know that it is going to be a very long one month for me. I am having so much anticipatory anxiety about going to work everyday that I am losing sleep over it. I can't stop obsessing and dreading going to work tomorrow. I am trying to have positive self talk but I am having a hard time coming up with something positive about dreading going to work. I know I only have one more month at my job but I want to try stay positive for this last month. Any advice for me?

THH

Re: Can someone please help me?!

Post by THH » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi Willows,
I think I would try focusing on what will I do after this job ends. Get to thinking of something you like or look forward to doing, rather than all the things you dislike about what you are doing. I have learned to look for it. Look for something good, even if it is not job related. Rather then dwelling on what you know is negative.
Hope this helps? Good luck! :)

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Willows, I guess its too late for any advice but i was wandering how things are going after the job.hope you are well. :)

Willows

Post by Willows » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:45 am

Thank you so much for the kind words. I actually have decided to give my notice at my current job. I realized that it wasn't worth the stress and anxiety that I was going through because if it. However, my last day isn't until May 22nd, which means I have a little less than a month and a half at it. I don't know how I am going to get through the next month and a half. I know I need to take just one day at a time because if I look at the entire month and half I become overwhelmed. There are days that I just want to quit but I know I can't because that would put me in financial hardship. I need some advice on how to get through the next month and a half without having panic attacks and obsessive thoughts about going to work and how much I dislike my job.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:28 pm

What are you going to do after this job?

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:32 pm

willows, what is your occupation?

Willows

Post by Willows » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:26 am

I am a teacher and I LOVE teaching. However, the school that I am teaching at is horrible. The administration is a joke and they do not support their teachers. They cause me so much stress ad anxiety that I finally realized it wasn't worth it. I have partnered with two other certified teachers and we are going to open our ow preschool. Preschool is our passion and it is our favorite grade to teach. I am thrilled about this new experience even though it scary starting your business so far it has been a great experience. With all that being said I still have a month and a half at my current school. I do still stress/worry about having to spend the next month and half there. I am taking one day at a time but sometimes I still find myself having anticipatory anxiety about going to work. Does anyone have any advice on how to get through the next month and a half?

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:58 am

Willows,keep your focus on the reward.the reward being your new business.have you did lesson 4 yet? if you have, it might help to review it. its a great lesson for this situation. so keep your eyes on the prize,its only six weeks and its only anxiety. you can do it :D

Willows

Post by Willows » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 am

Thanks Randy C for the encouraging words. You're right! It's only six weeks and it is ONLY anxiety. It won't hurt me. :D

jannymac

Post by jannymac » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Another thought, Willows - deep breathing. Just focus on it. Not like meditation, (although it can become that) but something about doing deep breathing exercises slows down the racing heart and thoughts. There are several programs available for Nook and Kindle that will guide you through deep breathing exercises.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”