Can't stop obsessing about going to my job that I hate.

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Willows

Can't stop obsessing about going to my job that I hate.

Post by Willows » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:30 pm

I need some help! I am on week 4 in the program and I am working on positive self-talk which is a little difficult for me. I have suffered for years with obsessive thinking and worrying. I have already listened to the obsessive thoughts CD about four or five times. I hate my job and I obsess all the time about how much I hate going to it. I feel that I can't even enjoy my weekends because I am already dreading going back on Monday. There is one piece of good news to this story. I am only going to be working there for about 1 more month which is good. However, even though I have one more month at my job I can't stop obsessing about how horrible this last month is going to be. I am trying to have positive self talk with myself about it but I am having a hard time with it. How can I stop obsessing about dreading going to work and how can I have positive self talk about going to this job for one more month? Thank you so much to anyone who even read's this post. :)

jaredholliss

Re: Can't stop obsessing about going to my job that I hate.

Post by jaredholliss » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:14 pm

why do you hate it? Is it the job itself or co-workers/mean boss?

Willows

Post by Willows » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:51 pm

I teach children who are from poor families and the students have serious behavior problems. They hit,kick, pinch teachers and they don't listen. I also do not like administration. They do not support the teachers and do nothing when a student attacks a teacher.

S3anne

Post by S3anne » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:27 pm

How much more time do you have left at this job? How are you doing? How about finding something to look forward to at the end of each shift like a walk through a park, meeting a friend to talk, or posting on this site? I can relate to leaving a job that you can't stand. You are not alone!

stilltrying1

Post by stilltrying1 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:24 am

I have the same kind of job, but I am stuck in it for at least 4 more years. Even if I can't find a positive thought, I do my best not to look at the long term, just getting through each moment. Some things I do are:
think about are how glad I am to have a job,
how horrible it would be financially if I lost my job,
I work to control my anger and not showing my anger,
and I try to think of a way to bless the child(ren), to think of them with love and compassion for whatever they went through that made them the way they are
and try to look inside the child for good rather than being aggravated by the external behavior.

I hope your new job, or retirement, bring you much contentment.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”