back!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Alex1685

back!

Post by Alex1685 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Sry guys, been away for a bit. I had some anxiety about going on the forum. There's thins thought loop that says ''if you go on the forums like you used to, you're gonna become more socially awkward,etc.'' Anyways thx for the replies. Lucinda Basset is one of the few people I trust Ive been through a lot of therapists, psychiatrists and a couple institutions and Ill tell you, there are some good therapists (more decent than good) and there are some therapists that don't need to be therapists. Ive also been on forums that aren't so good, etc. Anyway I always knew that this was my main thing right here. Lots of therapists don't really know about anxiety.

Ive been told to go to depression meetings, AA which I quit cold turkey 2 years ago and never really was an alchoholic but thanks to a rehab place that put these labels on me based off a questionnaire it took me years to get over the guilt only to be told by family members and therapists that these folks were wrong.

coachchris

Re: back!

Post by coachchris » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Welcome back Alex. This is Coach Chris from the coaching team. We're glad you're here. How are you doing with your program now? What have you learned so far that has been helpful?

We have a free coach chat Monday evenings at 9 pm EST. Would love to connect with you there.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Alex1685

Post by Alex1685 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:11 pm

I went to month 3 Ive done month 1 and 2 awhile back. Im pretty scatterbrained. I write down negative thoughts and put the positive. I actually feel guilty for carrying around the notebook all the time. I think b/c I think that I don't deserve to be fully happy because it's ''selfish'' or I'd be ''spoiled''. For some reason Ill sit in a negative feeling for awhile.

ellenfisher

Post by ellenfisher » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi Alex,

I had some reservations holding me back as I went through the program, too. I just kept going forward and reaching out and I'm so glad I did. I found the coaching very helpful!

I'm proud of you for carrying your book to write negative thoughts and dispute them. One thing I realized more clearly than ever before as I went through this program was we love others the same way we love ourselves. So, I figure the most "unselfish" and "giving" thing we can do is to be good to ourselves, take care of ourselves and work towards a healthy freedom for ourselves---then when we give to others we can give something really great!

Thanks for sharing and Best Wishes to you,

Ellen

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”