Avoidance/Dependency

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
HollyKay1

Avoidance/Dependency

Post by HollyKay1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:55 pm

So i'm not sure if everyone read my other posts, but I have a huge fear of fainting. This fear controls my life every single day. I feel like I can't be alone or go anywhere alone. As soon as i start to feel 'fain't i automatically start to get scared and say " omg i'm passing out right now" It's horrible. I need help with overcoming being dependent on people. I only ever feel safe with my boyfriend or dad. It's not only affecting me but it's affecting their life too. And Avoidance i avoid pretty much everything for the fear of passing out. Can someone please help me? I feel so lost :(

Gigi123

Re: Avoidance/Dependency

Post by Gigi123 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi HollyKay,

Have you passed out before? I think taking small steps to reclaiming your independence. You could start by making small trips out by yourself, using positive dialogue, reminding yourself that you're ok, the chances of you fainting are very unlikely and if you were to faint, someone would come to your aid. It may seem very scary in the beginning and that's ok, accept those feelings, they're completely normal. Them more you go out on your own, the easier it'll get.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”