tinnitus and anxiety

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
bob p

tinnitus and anxiety

Post by bob p » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:00 pm

hello, ive had anxiety on and off for probably my whole life but it has been brought out since 1987 when i sampled marijuana and had major panic attack. just wondering if my tinnitus (ringing in ears) which ive had for about 3 years now could have anything to do with constant anxiety or from something else. also wondering if anyone has had any success minimizing it and coping skill for it. ive already had my ears checked due to the ringing and everything checked out ok except for one minor frequency loss which dr doesnt think has anything to do with it. thank you, bob

Gigi123

Re: tinnitus and anxiety

Post by Gigi123 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:16 pm

I do have ringing in my ears as well. I went through a tough period where I had a hard time getting to sleep at night because the ringing was so bad. What helped me at the time was to put some music on while falling asleep. Now I use a white noise machine, which really helps a lot. I do believe that most people have some amount of ringing in their ears, having anxiety amplifies that ringing to a whole new level. You'll notice the less you care about it, the more it'll go away. Now I don't even notice it's there. If someone told me a few years ago I wouldn't even notice it some day, I would have told them they were wrong.

THH

Post by THH » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi all,
I too have had ringing in my ears for years. It seams to get worse if I clinch my teeth which happens while sleeping sometimes. This can make it louder. I had a "bite plane" or "night guard" made from my dentist that is a plastic thingie that fits over your teeth at night and keeps you from grinding, or clinching. It has lessoned the noise. I use the radio as well for loud nights. It helps, or a wind up clock. Good luck, I hope this information is helpful. :)

bob p

Post by bob p » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:37 pm

hello thanks alot. i guess the ringing really isnt going to hurt anything or anyone. i just have to accept it and move on. im pretty sure with time it will go away just wanted to know if anyone have any sure proof ways to get rid of the ringing. i also use the teeth guard and it works great. thanks again, bob

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”