Sad to see not as much people on here anymore..

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Jess2005

Sad to see not as much people on here anymore..

Post by Jess2005 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:40 pm

I did the program back in 2005 ...the message boards on here were a God send I found so much support when I needed it. Lately Ive been struggling and I thought id come here for support but it doesnt seem to be the same as it was. I guess people got better and never had to come back... :D It proves the program works...Its an amazing program which I think I will do again I feel I need a refresher. Does anybody else from a long time ago still on here?

forever young 06

Re: Sad to see not as much people on here anymore..

Post by forever young 06 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:37 am

I know what you mean I feel the same way a few yrs back there was a lot of support on here now some post are never replied to. I wish the older members would have a least come back and check in once in a while wish we could have a reunion and tell where they are right now. I have regressed cause of going off my meds and now trying to get back on them not very easy.

Jess2005

Post by Jess2005 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:30 am

Well I am glad you are still on here forever young..I bought it back in 2005 and did the program and back then I was on Paxil until 2011. I had bad withdrawl symptoms but finally got through it. I was determined to get off the meds. I am grateful they helpd me at the beginning because I wasnt functioning at all. Just the program alone wasnt enough they took the edge off. I am having trouble lately with winter approaching and work stress ect....I think Ill restart the program just to get back on wagon. It would be fun a reunion with the gang from those years.... I kno how its hard to get on the meds but you will get thorough what you can do once you can do again :) if you need anything you can PM me anytime.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:27 am

Hi Forever and Jess,

Great to have you both here and updating how you are doing.
We all go through growth spurts. I came off of Paxil 12 years ago and continued to learn that I needed to adjust my lifestyle in order to manage stress well and keep my body happy :)
Also wanted you to know you can search for a member by clicking on the members tab if you wanted to send somebody a private message.
Lastly, we do have a free coach chat on Monday evenings at 9 pm EDT and Fridays at 12 pm.
We would love to have you in the chat and I know your encouragement to new members just starting out would be a great blessing.
Please feel free to PM me if you need anything at all. I have been coaching people here at Stress for 8 years and we are here to help :)

Coach Chris :)

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:52 pm

hi Jess2005 good to hear from you. How much paxil were you on? I was on Prozac and didn't have any trouble getting off it. but 2 months later I started having weird spells I felt strange and my head felt weird. I felt weak and so hard to describe. I was told it was not from the medicine I have never been able to find out what it was. I kept having the spells and even went to er I used to never feel like I needed to go to the hospital but this time I thought I was dying. couldn't find anything wrong. I tried going back on Prozac and it gave me the worst insomnia I couldn't sleep at all. this caused anxiety and I eventually switched to celexa the spells have started back and I don't what to do. aslo jess there one of the older members startg back the program look him up it is mike he goes by ninja something.

egriff

Post by egriff » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:48 pm

I agree :( Where is everyone these days?

Jess2005

Post by Jess2005 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:22 pm

@ Forever young I was on Paxil 10mg. I took some Xanax twice and it landed me in the hospital. I had a paradoxical effect. Instead of calming me it agitated me and I started to have suicidal thought (would never have done it ...) but scared me so bad so they kept me a couple of days for observation yeah that helps somebody with anxiety! I was scared they would leave me there... it was a really awful time in my life. Those meds can really help but I had the dizziness + feeling unreal (kinda hard to explain) I had brain zaps... I understand you believe me. I took some sleeping pills for a while Imovane I dont know how it's really spelled I am in Canada so maybe different for others but it gave me amnesia wow those were bad.. yes I did sleep but was almost in a coma. Now when I feel anxious before bed I take a gravol and that helps me to chill and get a good night sleep because when we don't sleep it's hell... I am sad you are having all those issues with the Prozac and Celexa I never tried those but I know the side effects are so long on those meds it's hard to figure out what gives us what.

I have one friend on here that we are still friends with even thought we are worlds apart but she helped me so much we are still in touch and she help me so much with my anxiety it's nice knowing there are still old members even thought it's no the same "gang" as before... :D I am sending you good vibes ...

Jess2005

Post by Jess2005 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:26 pm

@ egriff I know huh! I guess it shows the program works... 8-)
@ Coach Chris thanks for welcoming us back! Congrats on 12 years no Paxil! Just knowing people go through the same things are us all around the world is comforting just feeling we are not alone. I am going to go through the growth spurt its just temporary. I'd love to join on Mondays but I am afraid I am already in bed by then I work very early in the morning but maybe sometime :)

Thanks again!

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:16 am

jesse good to hear back from you. I would like to have some support too as I don't have a lot at home no one understands this mess and my husband just gets frustrated with me. I get scared when I have the spells I am trying to not pay any attention to them. I have read where when you go off the anti depressants and try to get back on them it is hard and they don't work as well. I am afraid to go off these now. I am working with a physch and hoping I can get better. I am going to try to use the program and see if I can get better. I have had this program and never went allthe way thru it so I have n't give it much a chance.

Jess2005

Post by Jess2005 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:18 pm

I know how it can be hard at times... I had very supportive ex that helped me a lot back then and good family support and its still hard... I am here if you need any help! You know I finished up to week 11 a bitt ashamed to say I did listen to all the audio but when I got a bit better I got busy and never went back but Iwant to start it again...I didnt go back on meds after I stopped about them working less tho....maybe it does it so different for so many people...Iwent to a shrink too for a while and go when I need it it helps...but on this forum I found the best help...its pretty scary the panic and for me its the uneasy body symptoms...huh... its not easy but just knowing some ppl understands makes all the differencd in the world...

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”