Trust in myself?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
mhammond

Trust in myself?

Post by mhammond » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm 17, and just starting the program over again. My Mom trusts me, but I don't trust myself. How do I trust myself? I'm really scared about what I could do to others or myself, and I just want to have the trust in myself that my Mom has in me. All advise is welcome. Thank you for your time.

mtassinari

Re: Trust in myself?

Post by mtassinari » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi mhammond, I was 18 when I went through the program for the first time, and I know the fear of not trusting yourself even when other people believe in you. I have had multiple times that I was legitimately afraid of harming myself or doing strange things but I never did. From listening to the program I know that many people with this condition have these fears but I have not heard of anyone acting on them.

mhammond

Post by mhammond » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I don't know if it's because I'm emotional right now, but my eyes began to water immediately after I read your response. God bless!

mtassinari

Post by mtassinari » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:00 pm

So happy to hear that, your response has made my eyes water a bit! Hope to see you around the forums, best of luck with the program and everything else too!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”