Unsure if I have what it takes

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
mtassinari

Unsure if I have what it takes

Post by mtassinari » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Hello,

My name is Mike and I had my first panic attack when I was 18 right before I left for college, although I have had problems with anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. My mom had problems with anxiety and panic attacks and she went through the program years before this and did great, and she shared the program with me when she realized I was experiencing these same symptoms.

The program helped me in college (this transition was probably the most stress I had been under up until this point) and although I still sometimes had anxiety and panic I was able to work through them.

I am now 23 and I have a job but have steadily worked my way into my old habits to where I sometimes feel very scared and sad. I have taken on more responsibility and constantly worry about whether or not I am in the right place professionally, why I don't fit in with co-workers, and so fourth. I am now going through the program again but I can't help but feel like I am not the strong type of person that all of the people on the audio sessions sound like. I feel like there are so much more stressful situations I will have to deal with in life and yet at my young age I already can't take the pressure!

Are there other people my age who have been able to conquer their anxiety?

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”