Newbie ...fear of fainting

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
HollyKay1

Newbie ...fear of fainting

Post by HollyKay1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi everyone, Where to start. I have had Anxiety/Panic for 4 years. When i first got it i knew nothing about Anxiety, so i was on Paxil Cr for about 5 months. I got and i did good for two years with little Anxiety. I also bought a program called panic away and that helped me for awhile too. It hit me hard last October. I was in Wal-mart and i was feeling "weird" and i thought nothing of it, but as soon as i was leaving i walked out and immediately felt faint.. i thought i was dying because i never felt this. This has put so much fear in me and it controls my life. I'm terrified to faint and it really scared me. I have had this a lot after that and i always feel like i come close to fainting. I have been going to a CBT therapist for a year now and she has helped me A LOT, but now i fell back into this trap again..where i don't want to leave my house and i'm just scared altogether. This is truly ruining my life. I wont be alone or go anywhere alone for a long period of time! I really hope someone can help me on here. :(

DIAA

Re: Newbie ...fear of fainting

Post by DIAA » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:02 pm

I have suffered with agoraphobia as a manifestation of my anxiety issues. Your felling faint is an underlying part of your panic. Just like the fear that you can't breath right or your body feels horrible and you know you are going to have a full blown attack. We will try to avoid all things that might produce the same results. When we do this our world closes in on itself.

Try to listen to a mindfulness CD or other such supporting meditation and then go to Walmart and just walk around. Leave and go back the same day. Have you ever fainted? No. What is worst that could happen if you do faint? Someone will come to your aid and they will feel for you, support you...not make fun of you. You won't faint. Push yourself to try.

Also, feeling faint can come with many reasons like being dehydrated so drink a lot of water daily right now. Avoid soda.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”