I lost a part of me

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
daniele1986

I lost a part of me

Post by daniele1986 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi all,
I am new to this and don't have a journal so I thought i would share my thoughts on here. I lost my mom this past saturday. She was my best friend. We were extremely close. She got diagnosed with AML leukemia in July and unfortunately lost her battle. We all thought she was coming home because the chemo worked but things went down hill. It still hasn't sunk in yet and i really don't want to admit that she is gone. I feel like i lost a part of me. On top of that I suffer from extreme generalized anxiety and agoraphobia.. Not a lot of people know that. I have always had it but now at 27 it has gotten worse. I am even afraid to walk around my block without feeling anxious. It sounds so crazy. I started the program a few months ago but I never finish it. I always get far into and stop and find myself coming back to it. I need it now more then ever. I hear success stories that this program works so i am hoping it does. I need it now more then ever. I feel like this is going to take a long time to get over. Not only do i have to get over the loss of my mom but also anxiety. I just hope things get better.

bcc1975

Re: I lost a part of me

Post by bcc1975 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:03 am

hi Danielle...I am new to program too. Im so sorry for the loss of your mom...i totally get that. I am suffering so bad as well from so many losses in my life...i hate this so much, i used to be happy and outgoing, now i cant leave the house either...i have high hopes for this program...keep in touch.

hope11

Post by hope11 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi Danielle: Just read your post and want to let you know I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. My mother is 80 now and also has always been my best friend. I have been suffering from GAD and agoraphobia for over 2 1/2 years now and don't know how I could begin to get through such a loss but think about it often. I live next door to my parents so I have been with them all my life. Because of the anxiety, I haven't been able to go to church or in restaurants or even my only granddaughter's first two birthday parties. This came on me three weeks after she was born. So I definitely know how debilitating it is. I have really been working on it and taking meds, seeing drs, therapists, etc. the whole time and I still am having problems. Just wanted to let you know I will be praying for you to find the strength and courage to overcome your difficult time right now and would be glad to talk to you any time. I look to God for my strength each and every day. He will get us through it. Have a good day.

L3x

Post by L3x » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Daniell 1986. First of all I would like to say I'm truly sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I'm on a similar path in my life right now. I lost my grandfather and baby niece earlier this year and on top of that I struggle deeply with depression, anxiety, and chronic stress. It's hard loosing loved ones. Just take it one day at a time that's all u can do. but no matter what keep pushing forward. I'm sure that is what your mother would want you to do. That's what I tell myself. Good luck ;) Stay Strong!

daniele1986

Post by daniele1986 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:15 pm

Thank you everyone. It feels nice to get replies to know that I'm not alone. I haven't been listening to my tapes, and i know i should be. I keep making up excuses on why I don't and the more time i let pass my anxiety gets worse. I was doing so good and then took a break and that's when it got worse. I'm making a promise to myself that I'm going to start the tapes again and make 2014 my year!

ellenfisher

Post by ellenfisher » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Daniele,

I am so sorry you lost your Mom.
I want to share with you how the program helped me in hopes it will help you. I went through the program and it gave me back my life. I was lost in anxiety, depression and wanted to die. I guess I'm a "success story", but I know everyone can be with this program. I was the kind of person who was sure I would be the only one it didn't work for, but I know now that it will work for everyone who works it. I will tell you, though, that I did use the coaching they offer---Dana was my coach. I don't know if I would have succeeded without coaching because I never tried it without the coaching. All I can say is that the coaching was invaluable to me. My coach kept me moving forward and guided me and I am forever grateful for her help in the program. I know they have free coach chats online as well as the personal coaching. I encourage you to reach out to the coaches one way or another. I would say it was instrumental to my success.
God be near you at this time.

Ellen

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”