Dread going to work

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
downsouth

Dread going to work

Post by downsouth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Ive been working at this place a lil over two years. The boss is the owner so he is very involved in tha business. I have seen him scream at people for really dumb reasons ( being late to location ). Which he has booked an hour before the driver has been called and dispatched to that job.
He has tried coming in the shop and raising his voice at me but since he is five foot nothing and I am well over six foot seems that he calms down.
In the past weeks I have asked for a raise due to tha fact that the workload has increased and the shop personel had been cut down by one. Besides the fact that we have had 2 department of transportation audits that on tha shops part have aced.
Now , he rants and raves to others that we are not doing our job in tha shop, but yet our parts bill was the highest this year yet. Kinda feel like he is looking for excuses not to increase my pay.
The end result is I feel like I am completely stressed out and don't seem to have energy to go to work, so Monday called his manager and told him how stressed I have been and I was not going to be in this week. Saturday and Sunday before I felt as if I had no power in my arms and legs ( is this normal ) so needless to say my anxiety was of off the wall.
Really feel ugly..... Been popping xanax like candy which I never do, but what to do. Lot of time invested in this place. Seems to be going down hill and lots of other employees that I am in charge of are ready to roll out. They have told me wherever I go they will follow.
Need some insight, before finding a job need to get my groove back.

downsouth

Re: Dread going to work

Post by downsouth » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:17 am

Lots people looking but sure would like to know if anyone has been thru this and what advice you have!

WabMN

Post by WabMN » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:15 am

I recently had a problem with work and the only way that I was able to work through it was to return to work. It was hard because I had a mental breakdown at work that sent me to the psych ward and I worried about what people would think and say because of being in the psych ward. I managed to make it through the day by thinking about all of the positives I have in my life (family, friends, new car, being independent, etc). I also made plans for the weekend and I would look forward to that to take my mind off of work. Also there is nothing wrong with looking for a new job if you are unhappy with your current job. I have started looking for a new job since my hospitalization because I realized that I don't want to continue to be nothing more than a number in my corporation. I know I can do better than what I am currently doing and I am starting to take the steps to become that successful person. I hope that this helped some.

downsouth

Post by downsouth » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:03 am

Thanks so much for your response. Makes a lot of sense. I am continuing to look for employment but no luck. So it goes.........

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:42 am

I would really be working on under-reacting and being prepared. You have control of how you want to respond to him. It sounds like you can predict his behavior so you know what to expect. Find 5-10 positives for your job and redirect your thoughts there. Be sure to be eating healthy, exercising and using your relaxation cd. Minimize caffeine and drink your water :) Your body needs a lot of extra care. I love your courage and your desire to take control of your life. Commit to baby steps and steady growth. You will make it. We are here to support you!

Coach Chris

downsouth

Post by downsouth » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Thanks for responses!

I went back to work this week and its weird. The boss has implemented new rules. For instance, I Diagnose a truck with bad brakes.... I have to fill out a part requisition form, get it signed by him or his manager. Which usually take half day ( Arrggggg ). Oh well sitting on my butt is ok for a while.
Then go to office turn in paper work, go and call parts guy and he in turn has to call and get purchase order. WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!
Needless to say turn around on a truck has gone from 3hrs to 8 hrs. hate it hate it.
Other than that I think I did well. My 14 yr old has been coming to work with me so im not sure if its him but sure feels good.. Also the temps have dropped. So it just feels great at 97 degrees ( compared to triple digits since may )
Oh yea he ( boss) comes to shop and acts like nothing. No ranting or raving. Is this guy bi-polar?

downsouth

Post by downsouth » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks to some advice from Coach Chris and Caroline I have a different outlook or expectation from my work. I now see it as a personal challenge to do my job and don't really care about the rants and raves of anybody there. Long as I do what im paid to do and nothing more. Realized that this man isn't gonna change so as long as Im there I will continue forward.

Still looking for job though!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”