Constant anxiety

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
kkuhle

Constant anxiety

Post by kkuhle » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:04 am

I just wanted someone to talk to who understands anxiety. I usually have it all day, even with meds. I have agoraphobia also. I can relate to another post I seen on here about health issues, fear of going to the Dr. or anywhere I have to be. I did well for a few years, until we have had a lot of life changes. Now any change small or large raises my anxiety. Dr. wants me to try a new med and I refuse to try anything new, even thinking about taking the anxiety meds I have now raises my anxiety. I just feel the need to talk to someone who understands all of this. I also felt the need to post this, in hope I can get some of it out of my head. :cry:

coachjanine

Re: Constant anxiety

Post by coachjanine » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 am

Hello kkuhle.
This is Coach Janine. Medication can be extremely helpful to help relax you so that you can learn the skills from the Combatting Stress and Depression Program Program. What is the worst case scenario of trying a new medication? If it doesn't work, or you don't like it, stop taking it. Think about this. “If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. ” You can change the situation you are in by making the decision to go forward. The other choice is not to. Let us know if we can help.

kkuhle

Post by kkuhle » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Thank you for your reply. The reason I don't want to try this new med, is that it will make me more agitated and jittery. So, that is something I want to stay away from. I can up my dose of anxiety meds that I am taking now. I would like to get some suggestion on how to stop the obsessive/scary thoughts. thank you

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Listen to lesson 10.

When you are feeling anxious, Remember to notice, accept, breathe, and then implement your self talk.

Determine what your auto negative thought/s are (your most common obsessive thought).

Ask yourself if the thoughts are reasonable, realistic, or rational.

See how you are warping them.

Get out and start moving and try to do a walking meditation (or whatever exercise you prefer), to attempt to break the ruminating thoughts.

See suggestions in the workbook for lesson 10 as well. Be patient, take one day at a time and move forward.

Coach Janine

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:31 pm

A couple more ways to cope that I want to include:

Write out a plan to work towards whatever obstacle you may facing and write out the steps that you will take to get to your goal

Spend some time with good friends

Watch a bunch of funny movies :) This really works.

Best Wishes

kkuhle

Post by kkuhle » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:57 am

Thank you so much!!! It helps to have someone who understands!!! I will definitely try your suggestions.

Thank you!! :)

hope11

Post by hope11 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:00 am

Do any of you wake up in the middle of the night feeling soooo nervous and just cannot get rid of it. You can't go back to sleep for the inner nervous feeling flowing through you. They say that is when your cortisol level is the highest early in the morning. Do any of you have a high cortisol level? If so, what do you do for this? After 2 1/2 years of every single day, I am about to go nuts. Please reply if you have any suggestions. Have a good day to you all.

kkuhle

Post by kkuhle » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:23 am

I have that too. It seems to come and go. I try to use positive self-talk before I go to bed and if I do have it when I wake up, I get up and a lot of times go outside and get busy. Sometimes just watering the plants or walking around outside the house. I think it also helps to find someone you are able to call or talk to, it makes me feel more connected. I know its hard sometimes to find someone you can call and talk to any time of the day or night, I have that problem sometimes.
I hope this helps. I am always willing to help, in return it helps me. If you need someone who understands you can always personal message me and we can figure out a way to talk when we need it.

super51

Post by super51 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:05 pm

I also have constant anxiety, my adrenalin runs not stop. Right now I am taking Klonopin but I dont think it helps that much. I have tried different antidepressants but I have heart palpitations because of my adrenalin running all the time and havent been able to find the right medication. Any ideas..I would appreciate any help. I have gone through pretty bad depression in the last couple years which doesnt help the anxiety.

super51

Post by super51 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 pm

I understand what you are going through, waking up in the middle of the night with anxiety. I get very little sleep because my anxiety is so high. I would rather not take medication but I have had to take some or I do not get any sleep. I feel like I am the only one going through this kind of anxiety because my adrenalin is constantly running. I can stop it somewhat doing meditation but its right back after I stop the meditation. I feel like my heart is wound up like a spool of thread and I can only release so much of the anxiety. Would appreciate any help.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”