Need some support

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
shamrock77

Need some support

Post by shamrock77 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey everyone! I have done the Attacking Anxiety program and had success. It's been a few years and I am thinking of getting back on it because I have been struggling lately. Here's my situation...

I've been sitting around analyzing my issues and I really feel my anxiety is leading to depression. For the last month I have been basically miserable. My sister (totally toxic) stayed with us for 6 weeks and I was spending more and more time in my bed just staying away from her and her negative attitude. Shortly after that I attempted to drive cross country with my family and a back injury from stress sent us back home. I was freaking out the entire time, even before I hurt my back. I hate being away too far from home and 1500 miles is too far! During that time my anxiety was the worst it has ever been in my life. On a scale from 1- 10 my panic was a 50! NONSTOP panic attacks, no sleeping...just awful.

When I got home from my trip I was in bed a lot because of my back. That issue has resolved itself but I still stay in most of the time. Usually my friends and I go places all week with our kids in the summer but everyone has been traveling a lot so I have not been with my friends in weeks. My family came from out of town last week and stayed for several days. They were so chaotic that I AGAIN found myself going to my room to be alone for a little bit each day.

To top this all off, my husband told me on Saturday that my anxiety is so stressful to him that he's been drinking. That just destroyed me. We talked a great deal and things are OK but I was so down after that. Needless to say, I just haven't felt "right" in a month, since I got back from my cross country attempt. Cue health anxiety! My glands in my neck are swollen (which has happened before when my seasonal allergies flare up..no fever..nothing else but allergy symptoms) but I am convincing myself I am dying. I keep trying to tell myself that all of these life situations are what's making me feel awful and down but I can't shake that I'm dying. Of course, I don't feel bad every moment of every day and I have had great days since we came home but I tend to only focus on the negative.

I just need some interaction right now. I feel like I have worn out my welcome with my hubby and don't want to talk to him yet again about my supposed impending death.

coachchris

Re: Need some support

Post by coachchris » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Shamrock,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Thank you for your reply and reaching out. It's good to hear you are back in the program. It sounds like the past few months have been more stressful and the body is reacting to it. I would review lessons 2, 3 and 9 and 14.

Have you always had health concerns and does this thought come back every time you go through some stress?

I look forward to your reply.
We are here to help :)
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

shamrock77

Post by shamrock77 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Yes, I have been a hypochondriac since I was 5. It was brought on by the death of my grandfather. As soon as I am stressed I begin to worry about body symptoms and how I feel. I begin to analyze every little feeling. If I am not thinking about how I feel, I tend to feel OK but as soon as I start to think about it I tell myself something is off and I feel strange.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Ok, it's great that you understand how that negative thinking pattern began and how you have seen over the years it brings in lies and confusion. I was locked into similar patterns for over a decade and have learned to be very proactive with my health as well as choosing not to chase the obsessive thoughts. Remember, that worry is a waste and worry is a choice.

I know we can get you on track with a couple of coaching calls. We would dig out this root of fear and get you on the pathway to permanent peace. PM me if you want to talk or you can fill out our new assessment and we an go from there. Keep working your program and remember to use your relaxation cd too.

Start your personal assessment here!

We are here to help :)

shamrock77

Post by shamrock77 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks so much for your response. It always feels good to have someone who understands and won't judge me. I have to find my CD's again or repurchase them because I cannot seem to find them today. :(

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:18 am

OK. Let us know how we can help. My personal email is stresscoachmattice@gmail.com
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”