How is everyone's summer going?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
MirandaLey

How is everyone's summer going?

Post by MirandaLey » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 am

Hi! I hope you are all having a wonderful summer. I wish there was a place on here for off-topic friendly conversation. But I will post this here.

I haven't posted in awhile since finishing the program but I miss all the love and support here. I am still doing wonderful and am almost finished reading From Panic to Power. After that I want to take a wee break and then do the program again, just to solidify some things. I still find that I am a bit of a people pleaser, negative thinker and I can feel guilty sometimes. But I am doing so good and loving life.

What is everyone doing this summer? Any travel plans? Books you want to read? Movies you want to see? Any goals for the summer?

I've been taking advantage of the nice weather and we've been going for lots of family bike rides and walks. We've also driven to visit family and friends. I'm working on my first garden and also my daughter is going to turn 2 next month!

To be honest I was a bit worried as summer came closer because last year that is when my OCD and anxiety and depression came on me really hard. But I'm such a different person now! I still get nervous sometimes, and I can still feel blue, but that is a normal part of life. I still have a way to go -- I haven't flown yet -- but I'm confident I'll get there, and in the meantime life is good! GREAT!

coachchris

Re: How is everyone's summer going?

Post by coachchris » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:33 am

How wonderful to hear all of the positive experiences you are creating. Thanks for sharing!!

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:10 am

Mirandaley. Way to go! You now have the tools to fly. It does not happen all at once where you must jump off a cliff (so to speak) and fly. As each day passes, you will have opportunities to practice what you have learned and guide yourself through what comes your way. You will become more proficient with your skills and before you know it, anxiety disorder will become a thing of the past. We all have anxiety, which is a good thing, as it motivates us to do well and keeps us safe, if there is a true emergency. If you have some bumps in the road, it's no big deal. We are a phone call away, if you need us. You should feel proud with your efforts to overcome anxiety and depression. We are proud of you.

Coach Janine

MirandaLey

Post by MirandaLey » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Thank you! I am really proud of myself and excited for what my future holds. I tell almost everyone I meet about this program -- definitely anyone who mentions a problem with anxiety or depression.

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:35 am

:D :D :D

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”