Shortness of breath "SOB"

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Holly J

Shortness of breath "SOB"

Post by Holly J » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:05 am

does anyone else get this feeling where you are out of breath and didnt even do anything? I feel like i need to yawn to get a deep breath in but after i just feel out of breath again. I dont understand how anxiety can cause this. This has been affecting my work and life. I have to call off often. sometimes I even throw up when i feel so out of breath. not alot. But I do have anticipatory anxiety and have work tomorrow and im freaking out im goning to feel this way and Ill have nowhere to escape but not only that, I will feel so uncomfortable and lightheaded too since i have to talk a lot at my job and when im out of breath i feel like i cannot talk. anyone else get this?

coachchris

Re: Shortness of breath "SOB"

Post by coachchris » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:41 am

This is very common body symptom and one that I struggled with. When the body is stressed and running on a lot of adrenalin we can feel this way. I had two years of chronic stress and my body just tipped into feeling anxious whenever it felt like it. Learning how to under-react, think positive and take care of my body was key for me. Use your relaxation cd several times a day, light exercise and plenty of water. You have the power to think better and feel better.

Keep us posted.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Sandiemcr

Re: Shortness of breath "SOB"

Post by Sandiemcr » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:54 am

I struggle with this same thing. I absolutely hate it. I get up and walk around. I try to remember I can breathe really. I am in the middle of this now, so not much help.. other than to say.. I'm with you. And I wish you all good things.

Sandie

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”