New to the forum

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
2ndtimearound

New to the forum

Post by 2ndtimearound » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:03 pm

My name is Charita and this is my second time around with this program. The first time I ordered the program was in 2001 when it was on cassette tape. I received the program and recorded my first entries into the workbook on July 21, 2001. From the moment that I popped in the first cassette tape, I knew that help had arrived and I was right. I took me nearly a year to recover from the anxiety and depression, but everyday I would recite those affirmations and fill myself with positive self talk.

My name is Charita and this is my second time around with this program. The first time I ordered the program was in 2001 when it was on cassette tape. I received the program and recorded my first entries into the workbook on July 21, 2001. From the moment that I popped in the first cassette tape, I knew that help had arrived and I was right. I took me nearly a year to recover from the anxiety and depression, but every day I would recite those affirmations and fill myself with positive self-talk.

Then on day around April/May 2002, I was sitting on my mother's front porch filling my head with all kinds of crap like, I'm never going to find a mate, I'm never going to have a job that I like, I’m never going to be successful, etc. In addition, in the midst of all of that, I had to stop and say to myself "That's not true. Where in the world did you get that? Who told you all of that?" In addition, it was so funny at that moment because my answer to those questions was "Me." I am the one that had been filling my head with all of that crap. I'm the one that had been feeding myself negative thoughts and I was the one that had decided and convinced myself that my life was destined to be filled with gloom, doom and unworthy of happiness.

In addition, that was the very day, that I could rejoice in that I felt like I had just awakened from a multi-year bad dream and I fully credit my recovery at that time to ordering this program.

Nevertheless, here I am again. I'm not anywhere near my mental state that I was in in 2000 - 2002, but I recognized the need for this program again (on CD this time so I can listen in my car) and I am still filled with hope that recovery is in my future again and this time permanently.

tina martin

Re: New to the forum

Post by tina martin » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:23 am

You are not alone in your return. It happens, but can be corrected.

The program is really based on principles of CBT, meaning a reconditioning of the mind. I guess it works for all time for some; but, frankly, I doubt it. I know I have to keep at it regularly but don't mind it. Am thankful for the site and all I've learned. Positive self-talk is always necessary, I exercise every day and also meditate twice a day.

Wishing you the very best.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”