A good way to battle anxiety

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
findpeace

A good way to battle anxiety

Post by findpeace » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:09 pm

For me, a good way of beating anxiety is to stay away from internet forums, except this one.

Many of these, no matter what the topic, have subjects where I get sucked into an endless debate/argument that ends up leaving me angry and I don't need it. I want to find peace with myself and it doesn't help me when I get into these endless battles of the keyboards. In addition, it's negative thinking and since I was on Lesson 3 two weeks ago, I will take that matter to heart.

I have stayed away from one forum for two days and I am quitting one today. I'm doing it one day at a time. I never say never, but I need a major break. I was aggravated in a debate on something that had me and two other guys not backing down and I am simply walking away.

I'm not saying everybody should stay away from those froums, but if you are one who gets into a lot of arguments on them, you should reconsider things, with one option being staying away from those forums/message boards.

heavenlygal

Re: A good way to battle anxiety

Post by heavenlygal » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:19 am

GREAT INSIGHT AND GOOD ADVICE. ALWAYS DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU AND YOU WILL FIND THAT PEACE YOUR SEARCHING FOR....ALL THE BEST TO YOU.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 am

Glad we are carrying on without any interferences which will be taken care of.

True, people are starting to make independent judgments and choices as to where they will participate, or not. Here we have a purpose, a function, a focus, a foundation and much motivation to support and help each other. I have been here some time and have never seen anything else from anyone. If that ever happens we would stop it in its tracks wouldn't we?

indiekid

Post by indiekid » Wed May 01, 2013 9:34 am

I have to agree. When feeling anxious, I would often go to the internet to try and find answers for the way I was feeling and many of the search results were posts from message boards that just made me feel worse! But I feel this is a more positive place. We have a great foundation and tools, and we are all working toward the same goal. Let's cheer each other on and keep it positive! :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”