Help! How do I stop worrying I have health issues

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Slg97

Help! How do I stop worrying I have health issues

Post by Slg97 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:10 am

Hello everyone. I'm going to try to tell my story in short form. I have never considered myself to be An anxious, depressed, or stressful person. On 1/20/13 I ate a cookie with marijuana in it. While in the car with my husband I started to feel tired, dizzy, as if my heart wasn't beating then as if it were racing. I feel if I was home I would have simply fell asleep. As we got closer to our destination I was feeling worse. When I got out of the car I was so off balance I could walk at first. Once I got into the place we were going I know I was worrying about what was happening with my body my heart started to race. The ambulance was called. I've had plenty of test done on my heart all has checked out good. I was initially put on generic lopressor because of a fast heart beat with my attacks. When it was doubled I was I. Class felt a dizzy sensation accross my brain. And had another attack. I am off the medicine for a little over a month now. There were a couple of times I felt I could have had another attack but I did some breathing and positive self talk and did not have another attack. The problem I still have is that most days I still feel lightheaded and get some dizzy spells. I've been to the dr and ER numerous times and they find nothing. Not that I want them to. I just don't understand why I will have these unstable feelings. I've seen an ENT and all is good with my in inner ears. I have not had a CT scan or an MRI because I am being told that my conditions do not warrant one. Meaning everything else is good. My dr has agrees to refer me to a neurologist but I have to wait awhile for a appointment. Recently I wore a pulse ox overnight my dr says I'm not getting enough oxygen so now I am doing a sleep study this upcoming week. Now I am worried there is something wrong with me because of this. How can I stop worrying, Nd paying attention to everything my body does. It's making me feel crazy to say the least. I normally do t feel stressed or anxious or maybe I do. Thanks for reading my story

tina martin

Re: Help! How do I stop worrying I have health issues

Post by tina martin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:13 am

I would say you have health symptoms due to anxiety and need to address the anxiety. Do you have the program? Also try and read some of the other current posters here. Believe you will find them helpful.

Your anxiety is treatable with CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy), the foundation of the program here. Please give it your time and attention. Be patient, optimistic and hopeful. Wishing you the very best.

Slg97

Post by Slg97 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Thank you Tina. I heard it helps to accept the fact that it is anxiety. I thought I did.... But I'm guessing I still have not. I do have the program and I am on week 3. I do find myself getting better than I was. I feel my biggest issue is I can start my day feeling fine than the lightheaded feeling comes on and puts a halt to my good feeling. Sometimes I get slight pains in my chest like over my breasts, I believe it's muscle tenderness because if I touch it, it either feels better or worse. I guess I have to learn to look past it.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:48 pm

You are most welcome. Yes, acceptance is necessary, as is moderation in expectations.

You may want to read the thread, "My thought on Panic Attacks and why I will win." The idea of a dialogue with anxiety is interesting. Also, I say some things in that thread I'd want to repeat. Remember, it took time for anxiety, panic, depression, etc. to develop. It takes time to get better. Keep at it and you will improve. Wishing you peace and calm.

VJosaphat

Post by VJosaphat » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:16 am

I was having unexplained dizzy spells. finally my Dr. ordered a cat scan. as soon as the results came back normal. my dizzy spells went away. hmmm...Anxiety sucks.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”