HELP! Anxiety is back

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Christine1977

HELP! Anxiety is back

Post by Christine1977 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 pm

I have struggled with anxiety for over 10 years. I had a lot of it when I moved in with my then boyfriend and we got married. We are married and have had two amazing children who are 5 and 18 months. It has come and gone, but I have dealt with it. I have often worried that I am not happy with my husband and that we will divorce. These thoughts make me panic! I don't want that to happen, I don't want to feel that way. When I am not feeling anxious, I have felt content with the life that we have built. I don't want my children to have a broken home!!! If he ever knew that I was thinking these things, he would be so hurt!

My brother told me three weeks ago that he is getting a divorce and since then I feel like I have been more and more anxious about this.

I have a pattern of these thoughts and I just don't understand WHY!!!!

BlueD

Re: HELP! Anxiety is back

Post by BlueD » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:06 am

Im sorry your going thru this. I know how hard anxiety is. Do you have the program? Are you on meds? Maybe you could talk to a therapist? We that have anxiety often worry about things that will never happen, I often worry about the dumbest things and get my self all worked up and then after its all said and done I think why was I worried. For instance, I had a Dr app and I was so nervous about it that I was almost in full panic and after I left there I thought I lost sleep over this and it wasn't even bad at all. My point is that im sure your marriage is fine. If you need to talk then im here, I check in on here almost daily!! Good luck!!

tina martin

Re: HELP! Anxiety is back

Post by tina martin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:04 am

The foundation of the program here is CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) which generally is effective sometimes for all time and sometimes requires repetition. I know I have to work at it all the time but am grateful that I know how to help myself. Positive self-talk, for example, is something I must always engage in, meditate and exercise every day, watch my diet, keep hydrated.

Another person had the great idea of accepting that anxiety may return and talking to it, a sort of dialogue. You may want to read the current thread, "My thought on Panic Attacks and why I will win." It is perhaps a contest between the rational and irrational, is how I sometimes see it. We want the rational to win and we can help it to win. A struggle perhaps, but we will win. You can win too.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”