anyone with morning jitters when first waking up

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
hope11

anyone with morning jitters when first waking up

Post by hope11 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 am

I have a jittery, nervous feeling going through my body when I first wake up every morning. Sometimes it will go away after I get up but not always. Does anyone relate? What do you do for it? I have been told it is your cortisol level peaking early in the morning and wonder if that is dangerous? Any comments, please help!

BlueD

Re: anyone with morning jitters when first waking up

Post by BlueD » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:06 pm

I think we are twins... I 2 have this problem! Are you sensitive to meds? I am!

hope11

Post by hope11 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Oh yeah. I can't take very many medications at all. My doctors get aggravated trying to treat me for anything. I can only tolerate a couple of antibiotics, very little pain med, have had side effects to a lot of these anxiety and antidepressant meds, and even hormone replacement therapy. They can't get my hormone level to come back up and think that may be part of my anxiety and panic problems. And now my tendonitis has flared up so my arm is hurting like heck and I can't take anything with aspirin in it because of the anxiety med and Tylenol isn't helping at all. Some days I think I am just falling apart but I know the good Lord will keep putting me back together so I'm hanging in there the best I can.

Jeanette91

Post by Jeanette91 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Yes I have the jitters when I first wake up.I am also sensitive to medications.I sometimes wake up dizzy and confused.Thanks new to site.

luvbarbie7

Post by luvbarbie7 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:21 pm

I too wake up this way and it carries on throughout the day. I have struggled off and on with anxiety and panic for the past 6 years. I start the program but can't seem to finish but I am going to this time. It gets so hard at times. I get to feeling helpless but I know God is with me. I have a loving and supportive husband who sticks right by my side through all of this. I don't understand why we have so suffer from anxiety and panic but I will dig my way back out of the pit again and again. It's so tiring and frustrating. But God is good.

reb2013

Post by reb2013 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 am

I too wake up with the jitters often enough. What medication does your doc have you on and what strength is it? Mine has me on sertraline and I am just about to up it to 100 mgs. Best of luck to you all.

GMAC

Post by GMAC » Fri May 10, 2013 8:59 am

I get the morning jitters if I have a glass or two of alcohol the night before and also if I wake up a few times during the night.

annief

Post by annief » Sun May 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Morning jitters are awful. My stomach would hurt so bad and I had no appetite. This happened to me a year ago due to a doctor's mistake with my medication. Yes, sometimes it would last all day on and off. I took tums throughout the day and tried to suck on peppermint candy. This helped somewhat. I also found a tea called Relax. My sister was the only one who could relate, but her experience was still different. When she had the problem, she knew what was making her feel jittery. I, on the other hand, had no idea what it could possibly be. Once the medication problem cleared up, these jitters magically went away. I truly believe that a chemical imbalance can contribute to this. Finding the right medication(s) and dosage is important. I also started exercising more. I am an avid runner and I try to focus on my running goals instead of my anxious symptoms. Good luck. If anything, know that you are not alone. I felt sad and alone for the longest time.

Ann

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Tue May 21, 2013 10:03 am

same here, have them right now. every morning wake up feeling like this.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”