I'm still afraid of the body symptoms

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Mikki1968

I'm still afraid of the body symptoms

Post by Mikki1968 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:37 am

Hi,I graduated from the program about 4yrs ago. The program helped me alot. Unforunately,theres been a few back to back stressful events in my life and I suffered a set back. Haven't had a bad episode like this in years. I'm trying to get myself back on track. But everytime I think I am,the anxiety comes back. I realize my big problem is I'm STILL afraid of it. Afraid of the body symptoms,the feelings. Now that I think of it even when I went and finished the program,this was the one thing that I believe keeping me from fully recovering. If anyone has any suggestions or advice on how to stop being afraid of it that would be great. I know my fear adds fuel to the fire.

coachchris

Re: I'm still afraid of the body symptoms

Post by coachchris » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi Mikki,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Thank you for your recent post and reaching out. What you are experiencing is very common and something you can overcome permanently. It's important you understand why the adrenalin was there the very first time you had anxiety and why the adrenalin is there now. Our goal is to change your relationship to it. What is the fear? What is the truth?

Also, review lesson 2 and lesson 14 in your program.

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Mikki1968

Post by Mikki1968 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks. I will review those lessens. I would love to permanently overcome this. I'm trying not to beat myself over this set back.

edmondleeart

Post by edmondleeart » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 am

I also get a fear that they may come back, but now I invite the anxiety to come cause I know it wont kill me or make me go crazy. you can do it! :D

Mikki1968

Post by Mikki1968 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 am

edmondleeart wrote:I also get a fear that they may come back, but now I invite the anxiety to come cause I know it wont kill me or make me go crazy. you can do it! :D

Thanks again. That's been my obstacle in trying to overcome my anxiety-the fear of it.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”