social anxiety

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
BlueD

social anxiety

Post by BlueD » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 am

I tend to have a lot more anxiety in social settings... I am fine at home and around my family but if I go out to crowded places or out of town or 2 far from home then my anxiety seems a lot worse. Anyone else? I have only had one panic attack and it has scared me bad enough that I am only comfortable at home. I dread doing things that I once loved. I used to love to drive but now I cant even drive alone anymore. :(
I know a lot of other ppl suffer from the same problem. I just want my life back. I have a Dr app in a few days and I am so nervous about it but I am hoping he puts me on meds to cope with this. I have had this problem for about 7 months and i am doing the program and it has helped but i am ready to start meds so i can kick this problem.

hope11

Re: social anxiety

Post by hope11 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi BlueD. I've been thinking about you the last few days and wondering how you were doing? Sounds like you are having some of my symptoms. We were both doing better with our driving and now I am having to force myself again to drive. It comes and goes. I have been extremely anxious today, short of breath, and nervous all day. I think part of that is I have an appointment this week with my therapist and want to drive myself so badly but am getting anxious about doing it. I can make myself drive by there on a slow Sunday afternoon without much traffic but get anxious thinking I will have to be there at a certain time and go through more traffic. I have also been waking up a lot in the last couple of weeks and having more dreams and wake up to a sudden sound in my head like an explosion. I am also waking up right after I go to sleep making noises like I have been scared by something in my sleep and I sit straight up out of my sleep. I wonder if it is caused from my meds. I want to get off of them as soon as I can but wonder how much longer that will be. I am starting my 3rd year on them now. Hope you can find something that will help you. Keep in touch.

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:16 pm

Hey hope, I also have an appointment this week and I am freaking out 2! My husband is going to drive me bcus I am so nervous about the appointment that I don't want to add on to that having to drive. I haven't really been driving all that much... just around my neighborhood. I get nervous if I go out any further. I sure hope this Dr helps me and gets me on some meds. I know I will be ok just very nervous. Let me know how your doing.

hope11

Post by hope11 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Hey BlueD. I haven't been writing much on here in the past couple of weeks due to a flareup of tendonitis in my arm. I have been having some good days but today, I am really anxious again. I can't get rid of the nervous feeling you have when you first wake up every morning. Some days it lasts on and off all day and other days, it seems a little better. I am so tired of all of this. I tried Effexor when I first started having anxiety but it didn't work for me. But I am very sensitive to many drugs. It may work for you. I noticed that after taking it, my right pupil became more dilated than the left so that freaked me out. After getting on Paxil, it still does the same thing. Had to be checked for Horner's syndrome which I didn't have so the ophthalmologist said it had to be the medicine. I still take the Paxil and two other meds and am still anxious. Let me hear from you after you have tried the Effexor for a bit. Hope it helps!

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Hey hope, well the Effexor is not working out, I have only been on it for 4 days and im so sick and dizzy and lightheaded. I already feel that way most of the time so I don't want to be on meds that make it worse. Anyways, I called my pdoc and he said to stop taking it and he is giving me something called pristiq... I have looked a few things up about it and its about the same as Effexor so I don't know. I feel very jittery and this sucks!
Thanks for checking in on me!!! Im sorry your having a bad day! I don't know what it is but im starting to think I cant take meds or something. I will keep in touch!!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”