Just coming back to say I've been doing great! STAY STRONG.

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
dlep1234

Just coming back to say I've been doing great! STAY STRONG.

Post by dlep1234 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 pm

It's early March right now. I am 20 years old. I struggled with chronic anxiety and some pretty bad depression from about the age of 13 til about 20. I did this program for about 6 or 7 months and wasn't seeing any improvement. in fact, things were getting worse and worse and for the first time in my life, i couldn't break through an anxious period. I had ones that would last a couple weeks sometimes but this one lasted like 3 and a half months. I was very convinced that I was screwed. I barely left my bedroom most days. Work was a real struggle. Sometimes on my days off I would force myself to go out and do something fun like fishing. I didn't even enjoy that much anymore. I would just think and think and think. I didn't wanna see my friends cuz I wasn't who I used to be and was worried they would notice. I finally tried a medication and it didn't help at all. I stopped taking it after a week. I felt better for like 2 days then back to feeling like shit. About 3 weeks later I got the courage to try another medication but had little confidence. I tried Paxil this time. And after about 4 days I already noticed positive changes. I just got better and better the next couple months and was fully functioning again after like a week or two of taking it. Once I found a good medication I was able to use the skills that the program taught me MUCH better. I really can believe now that the negativity in your head is all lies and that it really is JUST ANXIETY. I remember trying to believe those things before but I just couldn't for some reason. Looking back on it, my mind was just racing all the time and I just couldn't calm myself down.
Don't be afraid to go out and get help! That's the big thing! If your med isn't working CHANGE MEDS. Life is fucking awesome if you can just uncover all that negative thinking that keeps you grounded. You will get there, trust me. I remember coming to this page like 10 times a day just trying to read something that would help me out and desperately talking to people cuz I felt so alone and just trying to pass the time til I got better but thinking I wouldn't ever. Anxiety is just chemical imbalances no joke. The reason you're uncomfortable and on edge is because you're wired like that and with the skills of this program you can definitely help yourself get over this crap. And if you've got it pretty bad like I did then you will probably need a medication and that's OK. SO MANY PEOPLE now a days take these things. Seriously, I was sitting in class the other day with a table of 3 other dudes. and 3 out of 4 of us were on anxiety meds! haha what do ya know. I also found out 2 of my close friends also take meds for anxiety since I came out and told them not long ago. Don't be ashamed people! It's not a weakness. It's just how we're wired. It's just like how some people are wired as really slow witted or really hyper. IT GETS BETTER. :) Keep your head up guys for real. And pray and pray and pray. God can't heal people instantly but it's still great to let him know what's up. :)

perspectivegirl

Re: Just coming back to say I've been doing great! STAY STRO

Post by perspectivegirl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi dlep! I'm 21 and it's really awesome to see someone around my age on this website.

I totally feel you on everything and am so happy for you! I feel the same way on a lot of things. I take lamictal and I think it's really helped a lot, especially with the program. I finished it almost a year ago but I like to post on the board to help others as well as to keep myself in check! If you ever want to get in touch, just let me know! :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”