"It can all get better in as little as 3 days"

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Roxygirlgonecrafty(aka:hows)

"It can all get better in as little as 3 days"

Post by Roxygirlgonecrafty(aka:hows) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Just some words of encouragement for everyone.
I remember I used to have bad Anxiety, which branched off into many other things like Depression, OCD, Depersonalization to name a few.
Well ever since I've learned that I was the one that allowed all these things to happen to me,
I was the one that built the massive worries, I was the one who gave them all the power over me...that I was the one who could take all the power away from them and take it all back.

So I did and it was like I was cured.
All I did was change the way I looked at my Anxiety.
Now it's not even Anxiety anymore, it's now merely a thought that occasionally crosses my mind, but then I think for a second if this something to REALLY worry about.. am I REALLY having a heart attack, am I REALLY going to pass out, am I REALLY going to hurt myself? ... "no... it's just my Anxiety"
And it's gone.
I do remember when I used to hold on to those "What if's" and turn them into something even more than what felt like "just Anxiety" and I could be stuck in those perspectives for days, even weeks... but it has helped so much now, ever since I have come to that realization.

An interesting thing happened the other day.
I have been doing a lot of studying about nutrition because it is a very interesting thing to learn about.
I have been changing the foods I eat, which in return have changed the thoughts I had.
(The better I eat the better the thoughts I have)

I had some candy with artificial flavors in it. I was on such a sugar crave that I had 2 boxes (the size of sweethearts)
in one sitting.
I noticed I started feeling in a funk.
The same feeling I had when I ended up in a Depression for 5 years or so.
But because of that realization I learned about, I was able to keep all the power in me, and hold on to the struggling perspective through the night.

The next day I was feeling better but still a little worried that I could fall back into a 5 year long depression.
And then it hit me, it was the candy... it messed up the balance in my brain.

Cause until that day I have not felt like that.
And during the days I had terrible Anxiety and Depression I was constantly on a poor diet.

I knew as long as I didn't touch that candy again I would feel good.
I had a lot of foods high in antioxidants and omega 3s and felt as good as new.

It makes sense, when we give our bodies bad things it will react in a bad way.
For some it could be stomach aches, weight gain or maybe just a cold.
For me it's Anxiety.

I hope these words of encouragement helped you a little.

hope11

Re: "It can all get better in as little as 3 days"

Post by hope11 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi Roxy. Did you take any omega 3 fish oil supplements or just eat the foods that have it in them. If so, how much did you take or what do you eat for that? Thinking about taking fish oil pills and didn't know which kind to use. Thanks

Roxygirlgonecrafty(aka:hows)

Re: "It can all get better in as little as 3 days"

Post by Roxygirlgonecrafty(aka:hows) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi Hope, fish oil pills are great, as long you find a good one.
The best fish oil comes from the Alaskan sockeye salmon.
It's the purest form of omega 3 and doesn't have a fishy smell.
My boyfriend takes some that have vitamin e in them as well and they
help him get a good night sleep and rebuild his energy and positive mindset for the next day.

For foods I use flaxseed. Flaxseeds, Flaxseed oil, and Flaxmilk.
I get the vanilla flavored, tastes great in my cereal.
I try to eat fish in a meal once a week too.
Talapia is my favorite, especially when it's bread or crusted. :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”