Am i getting any better?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
hope11

Re: Am i getting any better?

Post by hope11 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Hey Foxy: Just wanted to let you know that the babysitting was great! I had the help of my parents and they enjoyed her too. I felt really calm and stayed with her for about 3 hours. We read books, played, and really had a good time. Today was also a good day. I was able to drive BY MYSELF to my son's house and play with my grandbaby again. I really feel a difference since starting the program and my son and his wife said they noticed a change in me as well. I told him that it has really helped to talk to other people who know exactly where I'm coming from. It seems to give me more security and confidence again to know that others are dealing with the same thing and to see that there are those who have overcome it. That gives me more hope that someday soon I will be one of those that looks back at what it "used to be like" and hopefully can help others. I pray for everybody who is going through this program and hope that we will all see success to live our lives again without the fears that we have been having. Another thing, I am exercising more each day and seem to have a bit more energy than usual. Good day to everyone and even a better tomorrow.

foxysmom

Post by foxysmom » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:35 am

hey hope, so glad you didn't miss that opportunity to spend time with your grand baby!! And you drove again the next day!!??? That is great!! I still have a lot of work to do as far as driving goes. However I can tell i am getting better when i am in the grocery store or a large store and i wander off from whoever i am with. I start to think, oh no, what am i doing??? Then i realize i am ok, and i will be just fine. So that is getting better, i am driving with my work helper, but i am soon going to loose her, i think i want to find another helper, hopefully one that lives nearby. I don't think it will be too hard considering so many people are out of work right now. Its just finding the right person. I do need to work on driving alone, i wont even drive in my neighborhood alone. i thought maybe this week i would try, then i started on prednisone yesterday for an ear infection, prednisone makes you a little jittery, so i am more nervous about this now. We'll see. I think you have made great progress considering you will even get in the car alone is great!! Have a good day and talk to you soon!!

hope11

Post by hope11 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 am

Good morning Foxy. I still have a lot of work to do on my driving also. My biggest goal is going to be to drive to town by myself and go shopping or to an appointment or whatever. I have to go the dentist just for a cleaning this week and feel like I still need someone to ride with me or take me. Not only do I fear the driving, I don't like going into a store or office by myself (like a little child). I will be so relieved whenever that becomes natural and comfortable to do again by myself. I want that freedom and independence back so badly. I'm not from a really big town but I live a little ways out in the country and that is where I can drive where there is not much traffic, no red lights, etc. When I get into more traffic, I start getting anxious about having to make so many decisions and being sure I don't run into anyone. I feel OK if someone is with me. I am going to just have to keep self-talking myself into trying it and then I think I would be able to do it occasionally. I am determined not to let the fear beat me. I read something that said "Do the thing you fear, and the death of fear is certain". I just have to believe that.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:27 am

You guys are so amazing. Keep taking baby steps. You got this!!

foxysmom

Post by foxysmom » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Well, i just drove around the block, well 2 different blocks in the neighborhood. I drove all day with my helper, then we got back to my house and i followed her out of the neighborhood and just kept going a little further. Most of the time i was ok, then i felt panicky and turned around. Probably not the best week to try, i am taking prednisone, which makes me a little jittery, but i guess maybe thats the best time to try!! Oh well, not much progress but it is something!! :D

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Great news!!! :mrgreen:

lucyming

Post by lucyming » Wed May 08, 2013 5:07 am

I still have a lot of work to do on my driving.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”