My thought on Panic Attacks and why I will win!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
edmondleeart

My thought on Panic Attacks and why I will win!

Post by edmondleeart » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Hey guys,
I suffered really bad Panic Attacks in the 90's. I was a smoker and drinking loads of coffee and using an Inhaler with effedrine! I didnt leave my house for days! I fought through them alone and it l took a long time. I got through it. I lived over 10 years with no attacks till recently. I was drinking coffee again, and eating mostly microwaved high sodium foods. Mix that with my "what If thinking" and they came back. This time I have Lucindas program and Im progressing faster cause now I know what causes Panic attacks. I also know there is a life with out Panic attacks. Have faith and be strong.
Speaking of being strong. Dont feel like a victim. I thought about it, and everyone I know has some kind of problem they have to fight. Some have an alcohol problem, or have diabetes, some lost a limb fighting for our country, some have anorexia. I see anxiety a test or a struggle, I have to conquer to appreciate life. No one is perfect! So no matter what happens I will win, I will take this course in its entirety and continue to help others. I feel like thats what I have to do and Im going to do it!!!
Thank you.

edmondleeart

Re: My thought on Panic Attacks and why I will win!

Post by edmondleeart » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 pm

by the way this helped me a lot.
When Im really hungry my body feels jittery, I get cranky and my stomach hurts. Its hunger! We dont freak out from hunger pains, we just know were hungry.

I feel like Anxiety and panic attacks is our body saying, "Oh your in danger let me help and send you some adrenaline and help you out". I see anxiety like a giant Puppy that wants to lick your face and junp on you but doesnt know how big he is. :)

So when I feel that dark cloud over me, or feel my nerves twitching. I say to myself." Hey anxiety no, Im ok, thanks for trying to help, Im fine, I appreciate it though" Then I calmly breath through it.
This has helped me a lot.

Mikki1968

Post by Mikki1968 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 am

I'm going to try thinking about my anxiety like you have. This is great and very helpful advice. :)

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:29 am

These are excellent points and the correct way to approach that which may recur.

The program is not surgery that fixes anyone for all time necessarily. It is a reconditioning of our mind. An athlete must keep in shape, a dieter must be cautious of what he/she eats, we must keep alert to our issues, accept that they may recur and deal with them. Great ideas and dialogue, edmondleeart.

edmondleeart

Post by edmondleeart » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:33 am

Mikki1968 wrote:I'm going to try thinking about my anxiety like you have. This is great and very helpful advice. :)
thank you! Im happy to report I havent had an attack in weeks. I sometimes get a fog or fear once and a while, but I invite panic and I thank it for trying to help me. I befriended my anxiety.

edmondleeart

Post by edmondleeart » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:34 am

tina martin wrote:These are excellent points and the correct way to approach that which may recur.

The program is not surgery that fixes anyone for all time necessarily. It is a reconditioning of our mind. An athlete must keep in shape, a dieter must be cautious of what he/she eats, we must keep alert to our issues, accept that they may recur and deal with them. Great ideas and dialogue, edmondleeart.
Thank you tina, those are some great points!
I quit coffee and soda and I dont miss it. If you love coffee, try Starbucks, Vanilla Rooibus tea, Very close to coffee but no caffine. I also like what you said about athletes, Ive been walking daily to get my endorphin's going and to boost my mood!

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:36 am

You're so welcome. It is wonderful to be able to come here, share ideas and feel encouraged.

Yes, what we eat and drink can have a huge impact. We need to stay hydrated without all that sugar and caffeine. Water, tea, also decaf coffee and decaf tea. Soup is a big attraction for me. Plenty of liquid too. I'll use a can as a base and then transform it with my own ideas. A pleasurable hobby. Other times I make it from scratch.

Exercise is big. More on that next time since I am shortly off to yoga class.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”