More panic and anxiety since I started the program

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
lisamaria

More panic and anxiety since I started the program

Post by lisamaria » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 pm

Hello all....My name is Lisa....Im on CD 12 and feel more anxiety and panic than ever before. I have tried different meds over the last 7 years, but the side effects won. I cant function on the meds. The only thing that works for me is a half tab of xanax( 0.25mg tab) yes that's all it takes. I have had days and time where I can control my anxiety without any xanax. I dont want to depend on meds.....Recently I have had more anxiety and panic ....it is paralyzing sometimes and Im trying so hard....but Im not living the life I know i can....Any suggestions?

3jared

Re: More panic and anxiety since I started the program

Post by 3jared » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:33 am

I have Ben through the CDs and also I still have anxiety I am going through them for a second time now ind I am picking up stuff I missed the first time I'm trying to be more positive I also use Zanax from time to time I'm on a beta blocker now it is helping some of the physical simtoms but the mental ones are still there if you find any thing that might help please let me know good luck on your recovery

chazman25

Post by chazman25 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:35 am

I am in the same situation, the more I read, the more stressed out I get.
Maybe just more aware of situations that I relate to!

foxysmom

Post by foxysmom » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 am

I think part of it is that working on the program makes you more aware that you have this condition, i was just telling my friend yesterday, that if i could just not think about my anxiety it would probably go away. But its hard to do when your working on this program. I have found some of the self talk helpful. I am in a similar situation as you, my anxiety always seems to be there. I am taking 20mg of prozac and .025 xanax everyday, and another half of the xanax if i need it through out the day, usually i don't. Half the battle is leaving the house everyday!! The prozac worked for me in the past, but i wonder if it was also that i was able to forget about it, i didn't let it get me down when it first started, that was about 5 years ago. Then it came back a few months ago, and i stopped driving and going places alone. I am on session 7 of the program, Still not driving alone or going places alone really, trying to get used to driving with someone, i guess when i feel comfortable enough with someone i can do it alone. Good luck and i wish you the best!!

chazman25

Post by chazman25 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Thanks for your post. I take Zanax sometimes when I get stressed, just had a job interview and had to take some just to sleep and go to interview.

Got offered the job, now I'm really stressed...will plug along and see what develops!

Wishing you the best!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:13 pm

That's exciting! Keep us posted. Lesson 14 may be useful. Not sure where you are exactly in your program.

chazman25

Post by chazman25 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 pm

I have started and restarted, listen the CD's over and over, I need to regroup and start fresh and realize that I am going to be anxious about this, as the situation is what I am involved in!

Chazman

jameys

Post by jameys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 am

lisamaria wrote:Hello all....My name is Lisa....Im on CD 12 and feel more anxiety and panic than ever before. I have tried different meds over the last 7 years, but the side effects won. I cant function on the meds. The only thing that works for me is a half tab of xanax( 0.25mg tab) yes that's all it takes. I have had days and time where I can control my anxiety without any xanax. I dont want to depend on meds.....Recently I have had more anxiety and panic ....it is paralyzing sometimes and Im trying so hard....but Im not living the life I know i can....Any suggestions?
hello my namey is jamey how are you?well im on CD 5-8 now and its help me out alot.look i know its hard but you can do it ok dont give up on your self.im haveing a Hard time driveing right now but im not going to give up i will do this if it kills me.look its not just you out in this world im in it to and so is alot of people like you and me.i had my first panic about 13 years ago and its been hard on me looking at all thes people driveing like its nuthing and to think i use to do that to.but i will

jameys

Post by jameys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 am

foxysmom wrote:I think part of it is that working on the program makes you more aware that you have this condition, i was just telling my friend yesterday, that if i could just not think about my anxiety it would probably go away. But its hard to do when your working on this program. I have found some of the self talk helpful. I am in a similar situation as you, my anxiety always seems to be there. I am taking 20mg of prozac and .025 xanax everyday, and another half of the xanax if i need it through out the day, usually i don't. Half the battle is leaving the house everyday!! The prozac worked for me in the past, but i wonder if it was also that i was able to forget about it, i didn't let it get me down when it first started, that was about 5 years ago. Then it came back a few months ago, and i stopped driving and going places alone. I am on session 7 of the program, Still not driving alone or going places alone really, trying to get used to driving with someone, i guess when i feel comfortable enough with someone i can do it alone. Good luck and i wish you the best!!
Hello how are you feeling today?well i know what your talking about.its hard to drive alone all them feelings just hits you all at the same time.well im on CD 5-8 and its helping me out alot i can drive about 7 mils right now but when i go over that i start haveing them feelings of panic to start comeing over me so i turn around and come back home then im fine

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:26 pm

I am only on session 3... I am thinking about going back to session 2 and making sure I do all the homework. This program is kind of hard!! :(
I have never taken Xanax b4 but have taken Ativan... how does Xanax make you feel? Is it anything like Ativan? Ativan tend to make me sleepy so I am looking for something different! I have always heard bad things about Xanax so I have always been a little scared to take them?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”