Sematics on how to use the program?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Samdaman

Sematics on how to use the program?

Post by Samdaman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:14 am

I have a few questions - I'm about to start lesson 4 in the workbook, session 5 on audio, and video 6. I'm curious - how important is it to give each lesson a full week, like the book suggests? I'm tempted to take 2, 3 days for each, tops. It's still enough to write entries in my journal (I downloaded an app for it, works good for far). I can move faster than the program suggests, but will I be taking away from the full effect of it? How do you guys do it?

JM41144

Re: Sematics on how to use the program?

Post by JM41144 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi Samdaman. I would suggest not rushing through the program. Remeber, it's a process, not a race. There really are no quick fixes. Although there are no rules of the game, I would suggest sticking with the one week per lesson pace for a couple of reasons. First, I think people who suffer from anxiety need to slow down. We need to get used to not rushing ourselves. To me, rushing creates anxiety, and that's what we're trying to reduce. Next, it also gives you a chance to gauage your progress, find if the skill you learned are working. Relax and enjoy the pace!!!

edmondleeart

Re: Sematics on how to use the program?

Post by edmondleeart » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 pm

I agree, I fell back into my panic attacks from way to much coffee and worrying. i went 10 years with no attacks,. I feel like, I know a lot already and want to fly through the program, but Im not. Im on session 2 and Im going to stick by it week by week. I do have to learn to slow down.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”